Flying into raja ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with Wisnu and jake11. Have done longer layovers in Makassar several times and never had problems. Clean, orderly airport and the Starbucks is now a plus. You may find the Garuda site won't accept your CC - you get everything lined up, and all the way to the secondary security codes but it won't accept the payment. I was booking flights last spring and thought it was some issue with the codes - phoned CC company and the charge wasn't even attempted. Didn't say so online but only Indonesian CCs were accepted.

For travel agencies, I've used Golden Rama in the past (recommended by a diver to me in 08). Professional and fast. But you have to wire them money (extra cost). There's another co. I saw recommended here that you can pay via Paypal.

I was able to book online for Garuda and sriwajaya. Looking to book lion air soon.

Garuda wouldn't take my Visa card online either. I then went through Expedia.com. After booking, I called Garuda in California to confirm. Eveything was in order.

It isn't true that Garuda only accepts indonesian credit cards. I've booked and paid Garuda and Lion air flights not later than 2 months ago.
May be it's specific to US credit cards or banks but European Visa card are perfectly working to book tickets with Garuda and Lion Air. Sometimes there are glitches on their websites that can prevent validating the final credit card authorization but with a little effort I was able to finalize the 3D secured payment.

I have tried to book Garuda online and had some problems with my credit card. However, when I called their reservations line and told them that I couldn't finalise my reservation they finalised the reservation via the phone and gave me the online price. Sriwijaya online booking system worked fine. Make sure that you provide a correct telephone number. They called me (international) afterwards to verify my credit card.
An alternative for getting some sleep in the airport at night is buying entry into one of the lounges. I have bought entry into several Garuda lounges before (cost between Rp 60,000 - 100,000/ USD 6-10). They have comfortable chairs and provide snacks and non-alcoholic refreshments.

I had no problems booking online w/ Garuda and Sriwijaya and they sent the confirmations right away. They didn't call to confirm. I've had trouble booking online w/ Lion air tho, and am now going to try using ticketindonesia to book it. Thanks for the lounge suggestion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom