Flying to Komodo - Wings / Lion Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My overweight bill was going to be $40 some dollars and an upgrade to business class was $60 and it came with a weight allowance that covered my luggage. I had to chuckle to myself because the plane was packed in the back but I had 12 business class seats to myself and a dedicated attendant. The only problem was that as they hadn't been expecting any business passengers there was no proper meal and I was offered something that appeared to be a squashed vegimite sandwich. Probably wasn't but I've no idea what it could have been. I ate it and it didn't kill me. Lots of offers of juice water and tea.

Next time I'll just book the business class ahead of time. Some times the juice ain't worth the squeeze, as has been said.

You had business class?

Was that from Bali? We were on the front row going out and it was the same seating all the way back to row 20.

I was flying from Makassar to Bali on the second leg back from Sorong.

The Xpress from Jakarta to Sorong on the way there didn't have a separate area but had two rows up front for VIP, I think is the word the attendant told me. Before I go again, if that way, I'll be checking into those seats as well. That said, it was only Lion that had such a low baggage weight allowance that made it worth it to me to do the upgrade instead.

I did find the red eye from Jakarta to Sorong to be one of the circles of hell though, so I'll be doing whatever I have to do to avoid it. But if I can't avoid it, I'll be figuring out how to become a VIP. :wink:

I used Lions few times.
No any problem with diving gear. Overweight was paid on check in.
Lions can cancel flights. Morning flights are mostly on time, during the day they become late.
So this is the volume for this money IMHO

You had business class?

Was that from Bali? We were on the front row going out and it was the same seating all the way back to row 20.

Makassar to Bali. When the attendant at the check-in /baggage desk told me what I owed for overweight, I asked if there were Business class seats available. There were and so I then asked the price for an upgrade to Business. It was only $20 approx. more to upgrade. The upgrade process was a horror show but it was finally done and there was still time to make my flight. Then of course came the 3 hour delay before our plane actually boarded due to weather delays. (The Makassar airport is an OK place to be stranded)

Regarding the fact the airlines don't have authorization to fly in the EU, this applies to every single Indonesian airline except Garuda...

As of last week this is no longer true... which goes to show you that Lion and the others have improved a bunch...or that whoever decides these things is corrupt/crazy as hell. You can make up your own minds. :)

Citilink, Lion Air Welcomes EU Decision, No Route Expansion Planned | Jakarta Globe

Back
Top Bottom