For Sale: Ikelite Housing for Nikon D80, along with Flat and Dome Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ikelite 6808.1 housing (pre-2009 upgrade) for Nikon D80, along with Flat Port #5502.41 ( for lens less than 4.1") and 6" Dome Port #5503.50 ( for lens less than 4.0"). There is some corrosion build-up around pushbuttons (see photos below) but all controls functional and water-tight. I recently upgraded to new camera which is why this is up for sale.

$650.00 (plus shipping) for housing, tray/handles, and ports (2) but willing to split up.

Paypal preferred

DSC_6675.jpg

DSC_6681.jpg

DSC_6689.jpg

DSC_6739.jpg

DSC_6842.jpg

DSC_6844.jpg

Cautious interest

I'm getting ready to upgrade (from a Canon s90) and I'm trying to decide whether to go for a DLSR and mirrorless camera. The Nikon D80 sounds like a great camera, but I'm nervous about buying a whole new set of camera gear for a semi-corroded housing, when it might be impossible to find a replacement if this housing ends up deteriorating quickly.

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd already tried anything to deal with the corrosion (professional servicing or home-remedies), how long it's been on the housing, etc. Also, your last photo makes it look like there is possibly some other damage to the housing, but it's a little dark/fuzzy for me to be sure. Could you post a better photo of that part and/or explain what I'm seeing (e.g., is there damage to the plastic to the left of the knobs?

Thanks,

Emily

Ikelite 6808.1 housing (pre-2009 upgrade) for Nikon D80, along with Flat Port #5502.41 ( for lens less than 4.1") and 6" Dome Port #5503.50 ( for lens less than 4.0"). There is some corrosion build-up around pushbuttons (see photos below) but all controls functional and water-tight. I recently upgraded to new camera which is why this is up for sale.

$650.00 (plus shipping) for housing, tray/handles, and ports (2) but willing to split up.

Paypal preferred

View attachment 144395

View attachment 144396

View attachment 144397

View attachment 144398

View attachment 144399

View attachment 144400

I will take additional shots and post, Emily, but...

What appears as damage to the left of the knobs is water streaks...I had just pulled it out of the water. The build-up wasn't there with it's last use in Little Cayman last year...I guess I didn't rinse it long, and thorough, enough! I do get where you're coming from, Emily. I was reluctant to list this at first given the current condition - I'm pretty anal with my gear! - but decided to given that all controls are completely functional and no leaking after submerging in the tub overnight (not a depth, of course). Nevertheless, I did list at a lower asking price than I had in mind given the condition. Ikelite's customer service is exceptional and I did speak with them on Friday. Again, I get where you are (and others may be) coming from so I will be sending the housing back to Ikelite for a good once over and will re-post after getting it serviced.

Thanks,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom