Solved: For the classifieds section.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Ana

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This weekend I posted a few things for sale and some for free.
I received a PM asking how could they trust me. Sarcasm got the best of me on my reply, and I haven't heard from the person since.
Not the end of the world, just a reminder of the good choice I made becoming an engineer instead of getting into sales.

For the not people persons like me, could there be a classified place for posts after the transaction is done to say : Joe sold stuff to me and didn't rip me off. Or something like that.

I know we are experts in turning any thread and/or forum into crap, but maybe something like this would be helpful.

True, but 2,323 posts is an awful lot of work to put in just to scam someone. Little common sense goes a long way. Not trusting someone with my post count makes a lot more sense than not trusting Ana, Marie, or you. Some folks are just dumb.
Ahh, but I’m not sure you were around when one of our super posters, currently over 10,000 posts, got hacked and the hacker was trying to scam people. Biggest problem was that the person who was hacked is one of the nicest people on this board, whereas the hacker was a real a$$. We actually had some fun at the hackers expense. However, a couple of other accounts were hacked and some bogus transactions were made.
Now, all that being said, this kinda goes to something that @Marie13 has said a few times. We on SB are a community, and we like to do business with that community. While I’ve never personally interacted with @Ana, I’ve seen enough of her posts that I’m pretty sure I could tell if it’s her or not.
Anyway, enough of my rambling. I’m really just trying to build up my post count 😂!

Erik

What I said was essentially is that if you want us to buy your stuff, you have to interact with us. Sort of a turnoff when people only want to make money off us and can’t be bothered to interact.

People are how they are. One gets vibes from the first interaction and that first impression is hard to ignore.
More often than I care to admit, my social skills tend to twist perceptions pretty quick, so by now I don't sweat it when people get me wrong.

There's also what @Akimbo said, new members just don't know. They may not know where to look the post count, and if they do see the # it may not mean much to them.

This weekend I posted a few things for sale and some for free.
I received a PM asking how could they trust me. Sarcasm got the best of me on my reply, and I haven't heard from the person since.
Not the end of the world, just a reminder of the good choice I made becoming an engineer instead of getting into sales.

For the not people persons like me, could there be a classified place for posts after the transaction is done to say : Joe sold stuff to me and didn't rip me off. Or something like that.

I know we are experts in turning any thread and/or forum into crap, but maybe something like this would be helpful.
Personally, I'd just like to be able to post in the classifieds. I suppose one has to be a member for some time to be granted permission to do so?

Happy Diving!

Jason

Personally, I'd just like to be able to post in the classifieds. I suppose one has to be a member for some time to be granted permission to do so?

Happy Diving!

Jason
See my post from above:
What I said was essentially is that if you want us to buy your stuff, you have to interact with us. Sort of a turnoff when people only want to make money off us and can’t be bothered to interact.

You need 10 posts in regular threads (not support section).

See my post from above:

You need 10 posts in regular threads (not support section).
like the orcatorch guy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom