DIR- Generic My "unusual" experience with DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking back, GUE-F was a great investment and has made diving much more enjoyable for me and my partner. Even though we still only do recreational dives for the time being, learning the team-based philosophy and best practices has made our time underwater much more safe and enjoyable. Furthermore, it gave us an excellent foundation to grow our skills moving forward-- simply getting individualized feedback and understanding where you can continue to improve makes a world of difference. It was more expensive than a standard class, but If you are willing to challenge yourself, accept feedback, and reflect on your technique in a critical way, I'm confident you will not regret your choice.

Scuba is an expensive hobby: a couple hundred dollars will seem like a drop in the bucket compared to the growth you can achieve and the additional value you can get out of every dollar you spend moving forward.

It sounds like you invested in solidifying your basic skills, which makes you more comfortable under all situations underwater. This helps you manage task loading when stressed, keep your buoyancy steady during emergencies, or just makes you more relaxed during simple dives.

There is nothing wrong with that, and that does not inherently mean "you've been had"...now I'd they expect you to buy their fills and equipment that's a different story!

Congrats, you spent you money well. There is absolutely no reason to become a DM given the industry state and return on time for you. Those who go DM route to "get discounts" have not understood the concept of economic costs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom