For those of you that werent there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everybody:

Again, i want to thank everybody & especially to Tom & Gtxl & others' for the outstanding job that they did to pull this party & dive event off at Gilboa quarry.

For myself , i just want to say & many of times i have said this to people that fellow diver like many of us are the greatest people in the world. We sure know how to live & to have a good time, "DON'T WE TOM" GREAT BIER TOM...............................

It was great for you guys to take myself & W.va Mike into your crew.

Please keep us in mind for on occurring event for we will always be back..

Make sure that you always have SNUGGLES around so he can keep the "HOME FIRES BURNING"" & so i can figure a way to steal his converted portable tank carrier off of him. I ain't getting any younger folks.. A..................... lol, just kidding.

Again it was great... many thanks & safe diving.

Sam K. "Garfish"

Had a great time, thanks to everyone.

Next time I will be ready to dive (and maybe I'll get my pie pans back, LOL). You know when I got home and looked in the mirror I noticed my hair was in pretty sad shape, I was wondering how long I looked like sh--. Now looking at the pictures I realize I was looking pretty dumpy, all day long LOL.

Nice meeting you all.

Tom

Hello fellow survivors! What an Awesome Weekend this was!

It was great meeting all of you, diving, telling stories and jokes and laughter. This much fun must be illegal somehow (but I'm not telling.)

Everyone who brought food....Thank You. We had enough that I think we could have invited all the divers at Gilboa easily. It was truly incredible set of 3 full picnic tables full.

Not to worry if you missed out.... I suspect that a few of us are going to put together another one of these before the snow flies, or maybe even sooner.

Have a great nights sleep folks. I know we all need one now. :dazzler1:

I hope that for the next meet and greet we can organize it a little better so that we will have enough food for everyone. Had way to much fun meeting and diving with everyone. Thanks to Brian, Tom and Ted for getting me into the water in a drysuit. I only made two dives on Saturday but they were preety memorable as the first was in my new drysuit and my second was under the cover of night for my first night dive. I could get used to diving at Gilboa. Great group of people wish we would have had more time together. Sorry if you missed the first one, everyone should plan better for the next get togther. Good friends, too much food and too many good times. It was nice to be able to put a handle with a face. Snuggle I hope you can get your equipment to cooperate, so that next time you will be able to dive dry. I wouldn't let Cold Water Dave rig your gloves for you though, I will say that the BOB3 ring system I got from Tom was pretty sweet. It took me until today to figure out an easy way to rig the rings on my suit. Now if I can just get the gloves set-up right.

You won't meet a better group of people wether it be wax for a zipper, knowledge about diving or beer from the special little pony this group is the greatest. Looking forward to our next get together, we should at least get togther somewhere for dinner after we get our t-shirts.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
I hope that for the next meet and greet we can organize it a little better so that we will have enough food for everyone. Had way to much fun meeting and diving with everyone. Thanks to Brian, Tom and Ted for getting me into the water in a drysuit. I only made two dives on Saturday but they were preety memorable as the first was in my new drysuit and my second was under the cover of night for my first night dive. I could get used to diving at Gilboa. Great group of people wish we would have had more time together. Sorry if you missed the first one, everyone should plan better for the next get togther. Good friends, too much food and too many good times. It was nice to be able to put a handle with a face. Snuggle I hope you can get your equipment to cooperate, so that next time you will be able to dive dry. I wouldn't let Cold Water Dave rig your gloves for you though, I will say that the BOB3 ring system I got from Tom was pretty sweet. It took me until today to figure out an easy way to rig the rings on my suit. Now if I can just get the gloves set-up right.

You won't meet a better group of people wether it be wax for a zipper, knowledge about diving or beer from the special little pony this group is the greatest. Looking forward to our next get together, we should at least get togther somewhere for dinner after we get our t-shirts.

Mitten Diver

Hey MD,

You looked great diving that drysuit. I think that you will really enjoy it! Much better than being wet, isn't it?

BTW, we won't mention the "extra lights" that kept appearing on that night dive, right? :11:

Rats! :bawling: Sounds like I missed another great party. I hate when that happens!

Thanks for sharing with us voyeurs that couldn't make it, I'm glad that things went so well (nice weather, eh?) and that so many of us were able to meet and have the chance to take a plunge together. You've inadvertently set the bar pretty high for future get-togethers, we'll have to start figuring out a way to top this one!

Thanks for the photos, too.

Ahhh...what a wonderful day of diving/drinking/socializing it was at Gilboa.

Lots of great people....good viz for diving....but most of all, there was good beer on hand (thanks Tom).

I thuroughly enjoyed the day, the food, and the stories. I'm looking forward to another get-together in late fall.

-T

What a great trip, and what a great group! You guys can dive with me anytime. Those are good pictures, Snuggle, Lisa, & Mitten Diver. I can't wait to see Brian's photos.

-Tiny-B.
(Ray)

...about the meeting.

First I would like to really thank everyone who participated in our outing last weekend. The food and fellowship was just excellent, and we even got to dive a couple times.

A special thanks to GTXL1200 (Ted) for providing shelter,firewood, hot coffee and expecially electrical power for our little outing. Well done!

I'd also like to express special thanks to cldwdiver (dave) and diverbrian for being there from the very beginning, to the end and cheerfully doing ANYTHING that was asked with a smile and a willing hand. I'd also to like to thank MR. PINK (also known as our 'little canadian buddy') for being an especially good sport and for hauling me around in the seach for a new battery for the RV, and buying Dave and I breakfast to boot. Sorry you decided to leave so soon.

Now for some other announcements. Cyril is in a real SNIT and you guys are to blame. Granted you were good enough to not allow him any beer, but he wanted to know why "no one offered to take him for a dive, as Gnomes are known for their resistance to cold and ability to hold ones breath..." I make no comment, but will be forced to deal with a angry gnome for the next several months.

In the cleanup department. A special thanks to Ber Rabbit and DiverPaula for working several hours cleaning up the site of a large number of 'dead soldiers' and general rubbish, along with myself, Dave, Ted and Brian, things were looking pretty good when we pulled out at noon time.

In the lost and found. We found a couple nice pie plates, with some pecan pie in them. Owner (Tom) and contact GTXL1200 for their return. Also found a pair of hot pink womens size medium bikini panties. I suspect they belong to 'snuggles' as he is the right size to wear them, and the Rabbit swears they aren't hers!

Now, if the person who drove me home on Sunday would just return the truck and trailer, we can all go ahead with the rest of our lives!!!

Again, many thanks to all of you kids! Tony for the Turkey, thanks for all the photos, all the food, all the drinks, all the good stories and wild tales. I really can't remember the last time that I had such a good time!!!

What was it about EVERYONE wanting to meet Frankenmuth_tom, as soon as they arrived? Am I that famous or just plain good looking?

Oh, one parting shot. I really could have used a FRESH DONUT on Sunday morning, and none were found....you know who you are!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom