Force Fin Extra Force and the Excellerating Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hedgehog47, I am surprised you feel no difference in the whisker placement. The the Whiskers are turn inwards, the blade is harder to kick against. When the Whiskers are parallel l to the blade sides you just have a efficient shape.Keep us posted. Best, Bob clearwhisker2.jpg

I recently got some extra force fins with whiskers installed. As far as I can tell, I don't really notice a difference when placing the whiskers in different positions.

You actually answered your own question! Dive more, you'll notice the difference.
My guess is that you are spending a lot of mental energy on just doing what will become second nature after time. As you progress, you'll begin to notice things that slipped by before.

Recently, I was involved in a an anchor recovery/removal from a protected wreck. Visibility was zero and we were expending a lot of energy trying to remove the anchor without doing any further damage to the wreck. At some point during this process, my whiskers got snagged on one of my fins (extras - thank you Blair!!) and both whiskers were twisted 3 clicks CW. I couldn't figure out why I kept swimming in circles! :confused:

Seriously, you WILL notice ... eventually.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2014 at 10:11 AM ----------

I love my Extras!!
Being a big fat guy, I have pretty strong legs, so I haven't even noticed that they were "hard" to kick. Great, I'll probably get cramps on the next dive!
The biggest difference I noticed is that the Extras look SOOO much cooler! :D

Also, with the whiskers, I do not have any trouble keeping silt down to a minimum in wrecks. You can get a lot of fine-tuned control out of them.
If I silt up, it is because of something else (stoopid) that I've done, not the fins!

I do find though that when I guide groups here in Estonia and they are using Jets, I have to stagger kick (don't know what else to call it). While they are steadily kicking, I have to kick one leg, pause, pause, pause, kick second leg, pause, pause, pause ... Otherwise, soon I won't have a group to guide!

---------- Post added October 21st, 2014 at 10:14 AM ----------

Hey Bob!
Those are MY fins (post 11), well, except the blue whiskers that Blair hooked me up with! :D
Man I LOVE those things!
You can't even LOOK at those and not want to get in the water! :eyebrow:

It turns out I really enjoy using my force fin pros alot better than the extra force.

Attachments

• divee.jpg
    divee.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 298
It turns out I really enjoy using my force fin pros alot better than the extra force.
Sooooo, you're selling the Extras then????? I mean, if you are not going to use them, they shouldn't be just laying around collecting dust, now should they??
What size?
Color?

xeon_intel,
The Excellerating Force Fin is not as demanding on the power stroke as the Extra Force Fin. With the Excellerating Force Fin it is like driving a car, you can roll down the street with little effort or you can crank it up and rip down the road by applying more energy. It is a very powerful fin that is useful with little or a lot of energy behind it - so you have a wide range of leg strength that is good for this fin. You do not need a strong leg kick to fly the fins.

Please feel free to PM or email me more about your style of diving and physical make up if you are interested in more details about any of the Force Fin models.
Heló Mr Blair Mott,
I am looking at getting the Excellerating Force Fin.

I have Tailor's Bunions and these were suggested, I have researched them and I like what I'm reading.

I wish they came adjustable so i can switch up more easily between dive boot sizes. Are there options allowing adjustments?

I'll dive with between a 3-7mm boot and my dry suit. (Utah Lakes)

I am searching for how to get these "Whiskers" I read about, and your name came up twice with a "Thank You"? Can you tell me more about these Whiskers?

And also the "Sharks Teeth" & "Speed Pods" that came up for sale with no more description on them other than Force Fin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_163440_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_163440_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 37
Heló Mr Blair Mott,
I am looking at getting the Excellerating Force Fin.

I have Tailor's Bunions and these were suggested, I have researched them and I like what I'm reading.

I wish they came adjustable so i can switch up more easily between dive boot sizes. Are there options allowing adjustments?

I'll dive with between a 3-7mm boot and my dry suit. (Utah Lakes)

I am searching for how to get these "Whiskers" I read about, and your name came up twice with a "Thank You"? Can you tell me more about these Whiskers?

And also the "Sharks Teeth" & "Speed Pods" that came up for sale with no more description on them other than Force Fin.
Susanne is helping you and thanks for reaching out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom