Forcefin closes again?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing I would LOVE to see, is a "traveling FORCE FIN CHALLENGE AGAINST SPLIT FINS", where Bob would visit Dive Clubs all over the US, and let the members DEMO the optimal FORCE FIN model for them, AGAINST the Split Fins.....
The results WOULD be SHOCKING for Split fin owning Divers, or those that had considered the massively propagandized Split Fins, a result of one of the largest Industry-wide examples of conspiracy, blatant mis-information, and corruption that has ever existed in the Dive World.

Creating the AWARENESS of the massive misinformation the DIVE INDUSTRY has propagated, is actually ONE OF THE REASONS why Bob really needs to make this happen.

When Divers and Shop Owners and Instructors learn first hand how badly they have been lied to by the print magazines, by DEMA, by the "Network", I think a new level of mis-trust will be fostered that is long past due. Certainly DEMA needs to be seen this way, and with the present debacle in the Fort Lauderdale DEMA Show the level of corruption is finally getting to become evident to a large percentage of the diving universe.

There is a deep sickness evident in Gear pushed by the industry, and the "Split Fin Story" needs to get out. It is a wake up call to divers everywhere that it is critical that they be able to DEMO gear, because the Industry and the Magazines have such a predilection for corruption, special interests, profits, and selling the consumer (as well as selling the dive shops) gear that is not close to the best choice.

The Force Fin Challenge
​really needs to happen!!!!

The Post Script on this, would be that Bob may be able to create a new Network, one fueled by real knowledge and experience. Given that, he may be able to "rise from the ashes" and use some form of club or membership in a Force Fin Co-op, to get Force Fins distributed, with enough funding to cover the increases in production costs. Part of this SHOULD BE divers realizing that their PROPULSION is a huge part of their diving ability , safety, and fun, and that no one should allow themselves to be "duped" into purchasing something as inferior to force fins as split fins. This is the lie that should "change the game", once divers do a DEMO and find this out for themselves!

I love my Force Fins, and I wish I could've gotten a pair of Excellerating or Extra Force, but it looks like I'm just too late. I mean really, for most of us, which dive gear to get is not a survival decision, it's a luxury. Honestly, if I'd wanted those more expensive fins badly enough, I could have gotten them instead of the bass guitar or trip to Mexico or whatever. But that's the choice I made and here I am with my Tan Delta Force Fins, bass guitar, pictures of my Mexico trip, and no Excellerating Force Fins, and probably no hope of ever getting them. Let's be clear: my situation is not tragic. What's sad, though, is that these superior products will no longer be available to everyone else.

Bob, since I'm not you, and I'm coming from a completely different point of view, I wonder if you've considered selling the brand, molds, tooling, etc. and letting somebody else take over the headaches. I wonder if you have pursued it and found that the offers were not high enough to make it worth your while. Or maybe it's that you couldn't get a guarantee of something like the brand being preserved, or the workers getting a fair shake, or something like that. Nevertheless, all us FF fans out here can't help but wonder what's going to happen to all those molds, recipes, ovens, and whatever else it takes to make the already-designed fins.

danvolker's suggestion above of a co-op sure sounds appealing, but if I can't commit to the price of one pair of Excellerating Force Fins, how can we hope that there's enough capital out there to make it happen? Maybe I shouldn't use me as the example of the typical FF fan. Maybe most FF fans have more disposable income than I do.

What really drives me crazy in all this is the thought of all that tooling (bear in mind, I'm a toolmaker for a manufacturing firm) being destroyed, all that superior technology going to waste for reasons that don't really make sense to me. It may make sense to those necessary, but let's face it, evil people in management or marketing, but not to us unsung heroes in Production and Engineering:wink:

I agree, it would be a total shame for the diving world to lose something that has been iconic as far as thinking outside the box goes. Few designs have been as revolutionary as ff.

Bob I was even going to ask if you could look at my designs for a freediving fin version.

Once again I would like to thank Bob for a wonderful product. It's almost as if he has made too good of a product. The first pair I bought over 15 years ago have seen at least 3000 dive/snorkels and work as good as the first day. I only had to replace the straps once. Once you buy a pair, you don't have to replace them. Many manufacturers practice planned obsolescence to combat this. Bob didn't.

Although I have changed every other piece of gear, I always use force fins. They felt right from the start. Occasionally I try other fins and am reminded immediately why I use Force Fins. Other fins hurt and don't move me through the water as well.

Everybody I dive with tells me to go slower. I tell them that I'm barely kicking, my force fins work that well. I'm 6'5 and a former professional athlete so they think its me and not the fins. I tell them its not me but the fins. For some reason, which I'm still mystified by, they don't ever want to try the fins when I offer them mine.

Hopefully something will save Force Fins. The only good thing is that I know the pairs I already own will last me the rest of my life.

Looks like our East Coast plant can take on the order's for the Force Fin Pro and will sink in the Tan Delta formula later. We will be posting a official notice soon. Thanks for all the support during a very hard time. Love, Bob

Great news Bob....
I look forward to helping divers Demo Force Fins at the BHB Marine Park. The TRUTH really needs to get out....It's about time blatant lies in advertising are countered by personal experience, and word of mouth by divers.

Looks like our East Coast plant can take on the order's for the Force Fin Pro and will sink in the Tan Delta formula later. We will be posting a official notice soon. Thanks for all the support during a very hard time. Love, Bob

Great news Bob! Where is the East Coast plant? I'd love to stop by see the whole process sometime.

Back
Top Bottom