Forgot to set computer nitrox mix, what a PIA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Half the menu options were gone, including gauge mode.

there is no need to put it into gauge mode, because it is essentially in gauge mode already.

Once you have exceeded the capability of your computer to help you manage your DCS risk, There really isn't much it needs to do in the area of diving or dive planning except help you to the surface and help you wait long enough for your raised DCS risk to abate. Or are you still of a mind that they should help divers make adjustments to previous dives that would remove the violation?

There is a way to bring your computer back to life. With most computers, removing and reinstalling the battery will give you a "clean" computer as far as gas loading goes. You do understand why that would not be a good idea in your case, I hope.

He asked a question and I gave him an answer. I've summarized clearly what I've learned from the experience and the feedback. I also answered his question in past tense.

Not quite so off topic. I have dove the opposite of computer set to air when I was diving Nitrox but not the opposite nor went into deco. However, I did better than you and left the damn computer on the boat in my zeal to dive. Of course, quickly realized on entry and after swimming with everyone else for a short while with nothing, I realized it was time to go. I decided I would bring it on the next dive.

Do they still teach how to use repetitive dive charts? (It's been a long time since I took a class.) Your dive charts will allow you to calculate your second dive based on your Nitrox mix and bottom time, and use the computer as a depth gauge. It won't give you as much bottom time as a computer, but it would allow for a safe second dive.

I have an app on my cell where I can just type in my previous profile, mix, and SI. Then plan subsequent dives. My problem was I didn't use it. :bash:

Back
Top Bottom