Fort Lauderdale is killing sea turtles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These 14-17ft seas today are not going to help our little buddies much...:depressed:

What site is saying we are getting waves that big. I'm seeing predictions of 20-25 kt winds

This situation is absurd. How do County officials respond to such evidence? Is someone sending these videos to Tallahassee?

The more people that send this stuff to code@fortlauderdale.gov the better. yes, sending this to Tallahassee is also good. Please do so. Tell them how outraged you are.

You would think that violating federal law reguarding turtles would get swifter action from officials ... has any one pointed out how much defending a lawsuit would cost that city ?

Who is gonna file a lawsuit? Meaning...(thinking here) I am wondering if I, "joe citizen" could file on behalf of the turtles.. or is there another angle? Good idea D_B...

You would think there are repercussions for intentionally endangering the life of an protected species. The Green Sea Turtle is a protected species. (the one in the video is Loggerhead, which may end up on the Endangered Species List.. the jury is still out)

first hit on the google for: state lawsuits for protection of wildlife

Manatee Protection Lawsuit: State Agency Lawsuit

So, I'd have to say it is possible to file against a government or state agency, I'm assuming county would be the same. Weather it had to be an organization or individual representation, who knows? Unless someone is a lawyer and wanting to do it for charity, its going to cost $$$. There is a pretty big list of heavy hitters on that list and it pertains to a Florida cause. Perhaps the head of the local turtle agency you work through could present the idea and see if they can get any support, information, or join in alliance with the large list of conservation agencies.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom