Fort Lauderdale man airlifted after Bahamas shark attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
Fort Lauderdale man airlifted after Bahamas shark attack

NEW PROVIDENCE, Bahamas (WSVN) — Rescue crews airlifted a tourist from South Florida to the hospital after, officials said, he was attacked by a shark while snorkeling off the coast of the Bahamas.

According to officials, the 32-year-old victim, who is reportedly from Fort Lauderdale, was snorkeling with two other American visitors off Nippers Beach in Great Guana Cay when he was bitten, at around 5:30 p.m., Thursday.

Paramedics transported him to the Marsh Harbour Clinic, then airlifted him to New Providence for further medical treatment.

This attack comes just a week after a 21-year-old woman from Southern California was killed after she was attacked by three sharks near Rose Island in the Bahamas while snorkeling with her family.​

And just when I was wondering if I should drop out of diving because it's too much weight to carry and go back to snorkeling. It seems like a flurry of snorkelers have been hit all over. Wasn't there one in Hawaii? North Carolina? Maybe I'm misremembering.

And just when I was wondering if I should drop out of diving because it's too much weight to carry and go back to snorkeling. It seems like a flurry of snorkelers have been hit all over. Wasn't there one in Hawaii? North Carolina? Maybe I'm misremembering.

The one in NC is posted in post #57 (page 6) of Snorkeler Killed by Sharks in the Bahamas

She was saved by her firefighter & paramedic father by grabbing her out of the water, punching the shark on the nose and applying tourniquet on her severed leg to stop her from bleeding to death. That’s a first aid skill that we all should know and have the belt available in our first aid kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom