Forum Record for Most Years Past Between Dives: Poll

How many years is the longest you have gone in between dives. AKA time off from diving.

• 10 years or less

• More than 10 years, less than 15 years

• More than 15 years, less than 20 years

• More than 20 years, less than 25 years

• 25 years or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I brought the boat back over to the marina to get it going, the service manager, after hearing me say it had been sitting on the trailer for the last 8 years, paused and asked me if I had been incarcerated...

Two of the dive shops I used were no longer in operation, and the third one became my reason to begin self service of my gear after what they did/didn't do and charged me to address my gear...

The industry became very different in those 8 years (2000-2008)...

I think we have found a winner. I don’t think anyone will beat Reef Madness’ 43 years.
Who will be #2 ?
He barely beat me. My first dive was also 1978. Then certified in 2020.... forty-two years.

I voted just to help with your poll accuracy, but I'm way off the low end of your poll. My longest time between dives is exactly 5 months ... 1/18/2016 to 6/18/2016. Why so long? In those 5 months we (1) decided to move to Florida, (2) I landed a new job, (3) we got the house in Indiana ready, on the market and sold, (4) I started my new job, and (5) we completed our move to Southwest Florida. It was a busy 5 months!!

To keep things both fair and organized, you must be a Certified Diver by any Agency at the time you stopped diving. Anyone with 24 years or more, just confirm that you were in fact a C card holder when you stopped diving.

At this point, without all results in, I think Happy Diver is in #2 position and nobody will ever beat Reef Madness who is #1.
Assuming both of you guys had C cards at the time you stopped diving ?

My streak is still going. LOL.

I pretty sure you’re referring to me, and not happy-diver. YMCA certified in ‘79, last dive before break was in ‘91.

Yeah, 43 years will be hard to beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom