Fossil haul from Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had great weekend of diving/fossil hunting last weekend, and I thought i'd share with y'all some of my treasures. Here are the before and after pictures.
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

The inventory: 3 Mammoth teeth, 2 partial Mammoth teeth, 10 assorted horse/camel teeth, 1 beaver incisor, 1 alligator tooth, 1 large vertebrate (not sure of the species), and the ball head of a Mammoth humorous or femor.

Not to steal any secrets, but where was this? Alhambra? Service Club? The mythical boneyard?
I usually go out to Alhambra, but have been to Service Park Beach a couple of times. Nothing like what you found though.

Not to steal any secrets, but where was this? Alhambra? Service Club? The mythical boneyard?
I usually go out to Alhambra, but have been to Service Park Beach a couple of times. Nothing like what you found though.

None of the above!

I know.
Heading out there this morning.
There has been a lot of mammal finds there.
Shark teeth are scarce.

You have got to be kidding me!!!! What a haul. What is teh big round thing at teh top of the photo? It looks like a skull. Soooooo anyhoo, would you like to go diving sometime?:eyebrow: We can use my Zodiac.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom