Found on the bottom of the river

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I found this in the spring of last year and with the help of some good friends, be brought it up a couple months later. It is 11' tall 6 and a half feet wide and weighs 10,000 pounds.
It was the biggest project we did this past Summer.
Ed

Attachments

• big one.JPG
    big one.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 408
  • big.JPG
    big.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 383
Ed,
Now that is one very big paper weight.
Great find, were you able to find a home for it ?
The scrap value alone is worth about $1,000.00, let alone the value to some shipping company.

Good hunting.

Jim breslin

Looks like the way someone took the time to attach that big anchor to the scoop of that front loader they did not want you to recover that dang tractor!!

:eyebrow:

That is cool. I will buy it. Do you ship via fedex to the Utah high mountains?:rofl3:

No by weight I would say that the navy anchor that we brought up is bigger than that steel cross arm. We also brought one of them up this year also. It it 10' tall and the cross arm is 10' a cross and the balls on the cross arm are 12" wide. We cut through stud anchor chain,that is large than the one in your picture to get it up. And it would date about 1870.

Ed

This is the anchor out of the water and ready to go down the road, look how big it is compared to the tow truck drive. And this is a shot of it painted up.
Riverdiver

Attachments

• navyanchor.JPG
    navyanchor.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 195
  • anchor white.JPG
    anchor white.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 194
Thats impressively Large!

Nice job cleaning it up!

Is it worth more sold as an anchor? or is it the same value as scrap steel?

Back
Top Bottom