Fourth Element Seeker mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Has anybody used (or at least held in hand) the new Seeker mask from Fourth Element? Any idea how the field of view compares to Atomic Aquatics Frameless?

Also - is there any real logic behind having a green tint glass in temperate (green/low vis) water? They say it should improve contrast - but I'm not sure whether this is true or it will just darken the already reduced amount of light available..

+1 - also curious how does it compare vs Frameless 2...anybody with the Seeker mask out there?

I just received mine today and let me say that I love it. I haven't dove it yet, but from a strictly fit perspective it's an exact fit. I know that's all a personal thing, but I thought my Halcyon H View and Atomics frameless fit pretty well, and my leaking issues were just because of the mustache but dang this thing is glued to my face with just the smallest inhale.

Now I need to decide about how to prep it for use. What's the current thinking, no lighter and no toothpaste? Is there anyway to test if for fogging without jumping in the water? I have access to a pool so maybe I could test it out there (no other scuba gear)?

Is there anyway to test if for fogging without jumping in the water? I have access to a pool so maybe I could test it out there (no other scuba gear)?
Just put it on. It will fog if it is going to fog.

Ok, yes, it is fogging! I really don't understand why mask manufacturers don't just include instructions on how to prep them.

Gonna try hot soapy water for a bit first before moving onto toothpaste.

Best defog I’ve found is the Stream2Sea stuff. Expensive but worth every penny. No fogging ever.

Best defog I’ve found is the Stream2Sea stuff. Expensive but worth every penny. No fogging ever.
I like their other products! Are you talking for daily pre-dive treatment, or for getting a brand new mask ready for use?

I like their other products! Are you talking for daily pre-dive treatment, or for getting a brand new mask ready for use?
Pre-dive. They say you’re not supposed to use scratchy stuff on modern mask lenses.
What I’ve found to work well is Dawn dishwashing detergent. A couple of drops and a bit of water and rub it around until you get a squeaky clean sound. Do that several times. Won’t hurt the glass at all. In fact, I use Dawn to wash my masks.

Pre-dive. They say you’re not supposed to use scratchy stuff on modern mask lenses.
What I’ve found to work well is Dawn dishwashing detergent. A couple of drops and a bit of water and rub it around until you get a squeaky clean sound. Do that several times. Won’t hurt the glass at all. In fact, I use Dawn to wash my masks.
Thanks! Dawning my nice new mask now!

Back
Top Bottom