Fourth Element Seeker mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be great if sellers included photos of the inside nose pocket and skirt in their promo stuff

I prep my masks with nice coarse not all dissolved can put your fingers hot water washing powder

Should I have a little water present?
The water is on the outside of the mask. The heat and humidity from your face causes the fogging. Hit it with some defog, rinse it and put it on. Walk around the house for awhile. If it doesn't fog, it is good. If it does, it needs some precleaning.

Just a follow up... I now have 13 dives on this mask (including GUE Fundamentals class), and I have to say it's hands down my favorite amongst my small but growing collection. Nothing much to say, other than it fits my face better than my others. It feels really lightweight and kinda just disappears when you're underwater. I'd definitely say the field of view is comparable to Atomic frameless.

I ended up hitting it with toothpaste twice before it stopped fogging. And yes I was using anti-fog (Sea Gold).

Now I'm going to see about getting some reader lenses installed. Debating between DIY sick ons (which I hear don't last long) or paying $$$ to have Prescription Dive Masks do it.

Of the great mask fogger thread I’ve running a new mask through the dishwasher to be one of the best and I repeat it once a year of so, a quick cycle without heated dry.

With regular detergent? My pods have all the anti-spotting and streaking chemicals in them. I think I'm going to try this before the season gets started.

With regular detergent? My pods have all the anti-spotting and streaking chemicals in them. I think I'm going to try this before the season gets started.
I just use what ever pods are there, I always use very dilute baby shampoo as defog too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom