Frameless masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am looking to go low volume, frameless and single lens. Any recommendations from anyone? I'm looking for the best "bang for the buck"! LOL! My personal feelings are that the Atomic masks are too overpriced, maybe not. Just my opinion. P.S., Right now I am using the Genesis Tri-view in all black and clear.

I would look at the Subgear Ghost or Sprite, which are reasonably priced. I have the Ghost, which has a fantastic field of vision and an extremely low volume. If you have a narrow face, the Sprite will offer a better/more secure fit. I have tried the Atomic Frameless, which my buddy uses. It is a great mask!!

You really don't want to compromise on the fit of your mask, less you spend your entire dive clearing it.

Atomic Frameless is worth every penny.

Yes ... if it fits the diver--the same most important criterion as any other mask. My Atomic Frameless seemed to fit in the dive shop--it stuck on my face like glue. But in the water it tended to move on my face and admit water (I hate to use the word "leak"). Maybe it's the relatively narrow skirt or something--who knows. It actually seemed to stay in place better when I had a little razor stubble than when I was freshly shaved. My new Hollis M1 stays solidly on my face and thus doesn't admit water.

It's all about fit.

Yes ... if it fits the diver--the same most important criterion as any other mask. My Atomic Frameless seemed to fit in the dive shop--it stuck on my face like glue. But in the water it tended to move on my face and admit water (I hate to use the word "leak"). Maybe it's the relatively narrow skirt or something--who knows. It actually seemed to stay in place better when I had a little razor stubble than when I was freshly shaved. My new Hollis M1 stays solidly on my face and thus doesn't admit water.

It's all about fit.

Well, I have never been hard to fit with a mask. I get along fine with many masks. Mares X Vision, perfect fit, SP Frameless, same, but none of them combine the quality, sleek style, super low volume, single pane and BEST vision all in one package. The Atomic frameless is close to universal fit. Perhaps you should have gotten the mid size?

N

When trying on a mask in the shop be certain to do so with a 2nd stage mouth piece in.

I've got an oceanic mini shadow. But it may not work for you. Try on a load of masks. Buy the one that fits best. It doesn't matter how much or little it costs. If it leaks, it's worthless

A new mask that we carry here at Scuba Max is our Quattro frame less MK-107. It is great for wide faces, Check it out here Search:. The suggested retail price on this mask is $49.99. We hope you found this useful! :d

You should offer us a Scuba Board special price :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom