France: Dive Spots for Self Reliant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andre171

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bonjour!

I'm looking for recreational dive spots suitable for self reliant diving in Hexagonal France.
Shore or Lake diving. The major plan is an independend road trip around France... with 4 filled 80s ;-)

Merci,

André

This site and those guides should help, but only if you read French, sorry.

Merci de votre aide. Je pense qu'il manque le lien?

Merci mille fois!
This is awesome! I ordered all 3 books... 168 dive sites to explore :D

Glad to help. But you ought to check where to fill your tanks as well. I've no idea what's the current rule to have "foreign" tanks filled. Not so sure if EU are clear on that matter as well. Moreover, as diving's a highly seasonal activity in France, the time of year might add to your worries.

Glad you had fun. How was temperature ? Anxious to know about the following dives.

The water was very warm, 22⁰C. Today, due to the southern winds, we drove around to view some other spots. Some are good to reach, but some aren't. The shore dive to the wreck of the Liban with 1/2mile swimming around the Ile Maire seems very ambitious 😉 The wreck lies at the two small rocks on the left of the island.

Attachments

• IMG_20230620_104409~3.jpg
    IMG_20230620_104409~3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 57
The water was very warm, 22⁰C. Today, due to the southern winds, we drove around to view some other spots. Some are good to reach, but some aren't. The shore dive to the wreck of the Liban with 1/2mile swimming around the Ile Maire seems very ambitious 😉 The wreck lies at the two small rocks on the left of the island.
Half a mile swimming ?...Hum... Remember, wind is often very tricky in those parts, so beware.

Back
Top Bottom