FredT Backplate slot angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...perhaps thread titles can be changed... and come to think of it maybe mine has been (thanks to whomever)... doesn't seem to mention anything about a problem :wink:

But I would like to see FredT put a little slope to his slots... Halcyon too... but I won't hold my breath there. :D

Just an FYI...

I posted a thread title about a digital camera and typed the model number incorrectly. When I asked in the Site Support area about how to change the titles, they told me that users are not allowed to do that.

However, it seems that SOMEONE can do it, as my title was fixed for me after I asked about it.

Matt

xoomboy once bubbled...
Just an FYI...

I posted a thread title about a digital camera and typed the model number incorrectly. When I asked in the Site Support area about how to change the titles, they told me that users are not allowed to do that.

However, it seems that SOMEONE can do it, as my title was fixed for me after I asked about it.

Matt

The SUBJECT LINE on any post can be changed through the edit screen by the poster and moderators.

Matt...I think I changed yours for you on the digital thread. Sorry, should have let you know....

You can change the title in your post through editing your original post I believe. I have been able to.

It's not any big deal... its just that I automatically assumed from the title, that there was a problem with Freds slot angle on his BP.

No one else will probably jump to that conclusion without reading.
Its fine I am sure.

I was about to right a post about slot angles, thought I would do a search first, and there you have it!! A certain Moderator has already noted the same as I have.!

Another post, regarding fraying, got me thinking about plate designs. The webbing on both my Halcyon and FredT Plates is not sitting flat against my back, as mentioned in the previous posts.
Its more noticible on me than it is on my wife or Father-in-laws BP's, due to wider shoulders I guess.

Is there any plans to introduce angled slots into Fred or Halcyon plates?? Does the Koplin sit flatter due to its angled slots? Does the angled slots have any negative effects?

Dave

Angled slots - do you mean angled through the plate?

I put all three plates side by side (well, pictures of them) and the slots are all sitting pretty close to the same angle.

I'm new here with the BP - so a little help please.

Thanks -

Clueless in LA

GUTS backplates just came up in another thread - they have an obvious angle to the top slots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom