Freedive comp, Auckland, New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phantom Menace

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
While I don't think many of the readers for this forum are in NZ I thought I might as well post this anyway ...

The Auckland Freediving Club is hosting a depth competition in Lake Pupuke.
When: Saturday 28 February, 2015
Where: Lake Pupuke (assemble by the Canoe Club, Northcote)

The comp will have two levels:
Recreational - for those wanting to have a crack at their first competition with slightly relaxed rules round things like surface protocol etc. This has a max depth of 32m (105 feet)

AIDA Competition: Maximum depth 50m (164 feet) with points / ranking contributing to the AIDA International ranking tables etc.

The three depth disciplines will be included:

• Constant Weight (CWT)
  • Constant Weight No Fins (CNF)
  • Free Immersion (FIM)

But, as it is a 1 day comp each diver will likely be limited to two dives.

The entry form is here: https://docs.google.com/a/technolog...7H4NKJPyO5h26CjTDT0Idw-4wIpsxpq4_7lE/viewform

Last time there were some excellent prizes and (including a diamond from Greg Holland Jewelry) and I imagine the same will be true this time.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will endeavour to answer.

Looks like we may have one of the top freedivers in the world entering - Johnny Sunnex. He is a kiwi and 11th deepest diver ever. he recently was Head of Safety for Vertical Blue - one of the premiere freediving events in the world where many world and national records have been set. Johnny is capable of over 100m freedives so I would expect him to reach the 50m limit for our little competition pretty easily. (Lake Pupuke has a maximum depth of around 55m so that puts a hard floor on the depths - the good thing is that it is pretty much in the middle of the city so we don't have to travel to get to it)

Sounds like a fun comp. I'm in Australia so still a little ways away but good luck anyway! The free diamond should pull a decent crowd, valentines just being over and all that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom