Freedive on the Corsair/ A few Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh no!!!!! Was there an accident??!?! Is everyone ok!!!! (I noticed they have their mask on their foreheads in the 5th pic)

Just kidding. Great pics Catherine, I too especially like the first one, and I think that there is still time before 2007 to get that calender out (at least a prototype one) .

Just let me know how much :D

no. I am trying to learn. I can get to 30-50 ft if the surface is nice and calm.

Those guys do Tri's and are in their 20's.

Catherine, those are fantastic pictures!

In response to the inquiry about the Corsair, I have some suggestions how to find information. When it comes to American government aviation history, all crashes are pretty well documented, particularly if they happen in times of peace. A good search under the aviator's name (I would be willing to bet it was a Navy Corsair) would bring out information on the crash. There are usually summaries of the crash investigations, which are available to the public through government websites.

Case in point, the USN PB4Y-2 in Lake Washington by Seattle, WA. A simple search on this aircraft yielded the pilot's name. A search through government records on Navy plan crashes, which were available to the public, gave all the details of the crash.

Good luck in your search on Corsair info.

good! and you?

diving tomorrow and a little nervous about it. (the wind, handling the boat, diving deep) Waaaaaa, wanna go?

Catherine …. My friend Tanya Streeter supplied the world this quote:

"My respect for the ocean borders on fear. I’m comfortable underwater, but never too comfortable. Often times I’m miles and miles offshore, with nothing but a rope and a few friends. You really gain a deep respect for what’s out there."

Source: An Interview With Freediver Champion Tanya Streeter, by Sherry Flumerfelt

Tanya Streeter - Austin, Texas - World Record Freediver & TV Presenter

If I stopped what I was doing right now and caught the 11:34 flight to Miami, I could be in FL by 6:37 am EDT. I guess it might be better to simply give you some words of reassurance instead.

There are many dives I have gone on I wasn't completely comfortable with. I always felt some degree of concern and apprehension, kept me safer. If you feel some kind of pressure however - dive buddies who will not understand if you don't want to do something, no one else to operate the boat if it's too much for you to handle, diving way beyond your experience level - your anxiety is bound to go "through the roof.”

You, sound like an experienced diver. Part of that experience level, is a developed skill in knowing when you aren't ready for a dive. Take tomorrows dive one step at a time. Make sure your gear is working perfectly - the boat is operating flawlessly - you feel good physically and then ultimately, each step of the dive is comfortable for you. If any of those elements is wrong, the dive will not work for you. ALWAYS, be willing to call the dive if you're not up to it.

Wish I could join you… best of luck tomorrow. Just remember, you have nothing to prove to anyone. Women generally, are much wiser about that fact, then men.

diver_gent

thanks...always enjoy the Tanya scoop, for sure.

Well, if I had one more moral support diver...I'd be fine. Honestly, the boat gets me wigged more than anything. WC, a commercial captain thinks its too windy, so maybe I am off the hook. High winds make my anxiety rise. My attic ceiling access panel gets sucked up and around. The first time I saw it like that I thought I had a peeper ion the attic! A tour bus passed me on my bike today and I almost got sucked under it. WAAA.

But, TSandM is off slaying black ice and frigid conditions diving a wreck...am I a
WIMP?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom