Freedom Plate!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your pronouncement defining normal lacks functional justification. The inherent advantage of allowing the belly band to tighten the shoulder straps is the tank is far more secure, to the point that I don’t need a crotch strap even when lifted by the deadman ring I installed.

Relax, I didn't mean to criticize your set up. I only said that the 'normal', meaning most common in the year 2011, set for a BP/W is to have keepers on the harness that keep the shoulder straps and waist belt one length in use. You want to argue about that too?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with who makes the Freedom Plate?? I've called around to one of the dealers and have been told that they do not make it anymore for there was too many issues. Can anyone help me out?

Freedom plates are designed and made by ZKY on this forum, so I would suggest contacting him via forum PM. He's a great person to work with, by the way.

I did read that he may not be making them currently, but.... check with him directly because you never know :)

...I've called around to one of the dealers and have been told that they do not make it anymore for there was too many issues...

"Too many issues"; what a crock. That is code for "we don't have any on the self and would rather sell this other plate before you walk out the door". It is a great plate and worth waiting for. I haven't found anything like it on the market.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with who makes the Freedom Plate?? I've called around to one of the dealers and have been told that they do not make it anymore for there was too many issues. Can anyone help me out?

From Eric's profile page:

About ZKY: Biography- Maker of the Freedom Plate.

Want one? Call me.
(707) 538-1276

Scuba Board Contact on this page: View Profile: ZKY - ScubaBoard

Like fine wine things take time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom