Front or back zipper on a 3mm jumpsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I will buck the trend. I hate back zips. They are a pain to zip. I dislike the neck being so tight, a real problem if you add a hood. I also like the option of opening the neck some while diving if I get too hot. I have several including a 5mm and don't have any trouble getting out of any of them. Besides, what's your buddy for. I have one back zip and never use it.

My wife and I own 3MM fullsuits, back zip.

We were looking at getting the front zip henderson fullsuit .5m? as underlayer.

I was thinking having the henderson be a front zip would help reduce further water movement, and the front zip version had a back pad, which might help buffer the 3MM zipper also.

Foolish thinking? Not being able to get out of the front zip suit does seem like a real pain...

Front zip sounds like it should be easier to get out of and I thought that way too until I got a back zip. Though I agree it is nice to be able to open the front UW or just sitting around on a boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom