Frustrated newbie...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KittyKate

New
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm another very very newbie. Qualified as a PADI OWD three weeks ago and promptly got a head cold...complete with cotton wool filled ears! Having a cold is bad enough but I've been invited to go boat diving every weekend for the past three weeks (some glooooorious weather down here for mid-winter) but I can't equalise - arrrggggh! I don't think I've ever been so frustrated. So I just have to read all the great threads and look at the gallery here at SB till my ears are back to normal and I can get very very wet again!

Nice to meet you all!
Kitty

As tough as it is, glad to see you're waiting. I think many of us have known at least one diver that pushed it when things weren't right and ended up with perforated eardrums. Good for you.

Jim

Thanks Jim, don't worry as frustrated as I am I'm NOT willing to risk a couple of months out of the water recovering from a perforated ear drum. On my second last qualifying dive my buddy (another student) had a reverse block....resulting in a rather greusome blood nose when we surfaced. Needless to say the instructor was my buddy for the next dive while the other guy sat on the beach. As frustrated as I am now, I am SO not going to be that crazy!

Kitty

Benvenuto a bordo! :sharks:
and to the underwater world :goldfish:

Good luck for your ears it will recover soon enough to enjoy again the bubbles

Patience is the first thing we learn as divers. Welcome to the board and the sport.

May your condition resolve quickly, and may you be very wet, very soon...

Best wishes and safe ascents,
-Grier

Aloha! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place!

Oh, and when you fill out your profile, flex those humor muscles!

TJ

Welcome to diving, and the board Kitty! I hope I never know the frustration you are experiencing, it's bad enough when the weather or work won't co-operate, much less your body! I wish you a quick recovery and wonderful diving when you do recover!

Good Diving,
Mike

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom