Ft. Lauderdale Diving Question, with own boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Sawallich

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well, Have Boat will travel.. We will be staying at a marina in Ft. Lauderdale with our own boat the end of April, and was wondering if there were any fairly close sites with available moorings we could venture to?? Nothing too deep, hopefully not too far off shore.. , have been to the Keys, but have never dove out of Ft. Lauderdale.. Any info, or a good place to find info would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

I'm trying to Google up a list of where the mooring balls are, but meanwhile enjoy Artifical Reefs Information for Broward County.

EDIT: found them.

Broward County - Biological Resources Division

I'm going to add that you have to be REALLY careful how you tie up to them to prevent your boat floating away.

Not that I have any personal knowledge or anything like that. :shakehead: :shocked2:

Thanks for all the info so far. I should of added, we do plan on keeping someone on the boat for support

Thanks for all the info so far. I should of added, we do plan on keeping someone on the boat for support

:thumbs_up: As it should be.

Where will you be staying and which inet will you be using? There are numerous mooring balls located on relatively shallow reefs off of Fort Lauderdale.

:thumbs_up: As it should be.

Where will you be staying and which inet will you be using? There are numerous mooring balls located on relatively shallow reefs off of Fort Lauderdale.

We will be staying at the Bahia Mar Marina, if that helps??

I am not sure what the name of the inlet is, but it is just a little bit south of the Marina, past where 1A crosses the channel.

Port Everglades Inlet. Lots of good diving around that location. Personally I tend to stay away from the balls. That's just me. I really don't have any good reason other than that is where most everybody goes. Check the local dive shops, there should be a publication that lists the dive sites locations with numbers, descriptions, and pictures of the beach so that you can line up the condos and find the sites that way. Lining up the condos is very accurate and you really don't need any electronics. I used to joke that at one site there was a depression in the sand where my anchor hit every time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom