Ft. Pickens buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Am in Destin Jan. through March. Also seek buddy to dive Ft. Pickens. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Sure thing. I'm in mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll send you some dates with good high tides when we are there--Probably in Feb., of course due to tides.

I don't know if you will be in the area yet, but there is a group getting together at vortex new years eve at 10 for some diving if you are interested.

We just arrived today. Looks like Feb. 17,18 & 19 has Pickens high tides between 2-3 PM. Feb.2,3,4 not quite as good for me as all 3 days it's at 3:06, which means a 2nd dive gets me back to Destin later. But let me know what may work for you. There's all kinds of dates in March, but I'd like to go before that if possible. I'm also looking to do St.Andrews in PCB (been there once years ago). A couple of other guys may be interested in that--let me know if you may be interested.

When I get my schedule in I will look at the dates and let you know. The water temps in the bays has been in the mid to upper 50s.

Am in Destin Jan. through March. Also seek buddy to dive Ft. Pickens. PM me if interested. Thanks.
I live in Biloxi, MS but drive to PCola to dive. I'm availible on Saturdays and with enough notice, can get a day off during the week. Let me know when you are going and I'll join you.

I should've mentioned in my OP about my shell collecting (live ones as well), as I don't want to offend.

I should've mentioned in my OP about my shell collecting (live ones as well), as I don't want to offend.

Ft Pickens is a park and may have restrictions. I used to flounder there MANY years ago, so I know that this was OK. Collecting live shells? Well, you had better find out if it is allowed inside the park.

From the diving rules

Snorkeling Fort Pickens Jetties - Pensacola, Florida

I would interpret that to mean no collecting. They sure have tightened the spear rules since I have been there, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom