Ft. Pickens Clean-up Dive September 25th @ 09:00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kudos to the folks at Dive Pro's, Especially CJ and her daughter who took the time last Saturday to host a Beach Cleanup at Ft. Pickens. I felt it was a huge success and Ft. Pickens is a much better and safer dive because of the efforts they made. I'm not sure of all the participants but they gathered names so if they want to post them here that'd be great.

Thanks to everyone who came out and made one of my favorite shore dives even better!

Picture by Recharge of CJ and her daughter:

IMG_0350_edited.jpg

Didn't make it there in time for the "event" itself but arrived in time to get a garbage bag from them before they left to do a little bit of our own cleanup. Our kids were with us so we were limited to snorkeling and freediving; even so I got two 3-oz lead weights and several yards of attached fishing line. Tons and tons of cigarette butts all over the beach area :(

Also saw two of the strangest things I've ever seen at Ft. Pickens: a big chunk of shark flesh (with a pectoral fin still attached) in about 5 feet of water and a barracuda that was easily 5 feet long and as big around as my thigh. He hung out just past the tip of the rock jetty for at least an hour. Biggest fish my six year old has seen in her life!

My thanks as well to Dive Pro's for the great clean up they sponsored.It's nice to know that we have a dive shop that thinks about (and cares for )our dive area .It is something I will think about the next time I need dive gear. Special thank's to CJ and her daughter.And thanks to all the divers who helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom