Fun things to do while underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hunting for easter eggs is fun.

Picture9-2.png

Feed the bunnies to the sharks.

I used to often find seastars on my butt... My buddy would swear that it was not him and he is a very good liar so I believed him until he filmed himself stickong one on one day :blush:. Another time I was doing a solo dive but had a friend snorkelling in the area. Anyway he also stuck a starfish to me but this time it was my tank. It was a surprise to find a starfish on my tank I have to say... He took a pic:
n729713689_1986236_8822.jpg

Poor starfish!

I've been on an egg hunt too, that was heaps of fun! Though they had planned prizes for different coloured eggs but they'd been painted with water based paint so we emerged with eggs with all the colour washed off :wink:

I have clips of us doing all sorts of silly things like somersaults and riding bicycles and so on too underwater. Pretty much if someone finds a prop it will get used in some kind of silly act :)

Great thread. The scuba tricks one, too. Can't wait to try some of these.:D

when you are wearing a wetsuit this is great... go upside down so your feet are facing the surface, get your octopus and put it in the neck opening of your wetsuit and purge it. you fill with bubbles and look like the Michelin Man!!!!!

Umm ... look at cool stuff?

ok, here's mine!

-you need a sandy bottom for this. take your fins off, deflate your bcd and do a back flip/front flip! :)
-bubble rings

while following my buddy i entertained myself by swimming above her and catching her bubbles in my hands, then going up to her as if i've just caught something amazing, when i open my hands the bubbles come out :)
lame but silly haha

also if you flick the bubbles they make a nice little 'pop' noise, the smaller the bubble, the higher pitched. i once popped a dugong fart! proudest dive moment ever haha

also if you position yourself just above your buddy, turn upside down, and then slowly lower yourself so you come into their field of vision with your face about an inch from theirs it scares the bee-jeesus out of them :D
great for when someones surveying something and has to stay still looking at a particular patch for a while

umm also just wearing novelty clothes. had a friend that always dived wearing a tophat, it was modified so he could tuck the rim under his goggle strap.

some other friends found a massive flat rock and decided to take a full dining set down with them and pretend they were having a meal :)

I saw a Russian group do something in Sharm which I thought was cool and potentially life threatening at the same time. A group were standing on the sand at about 12m with a blanket between them and tossing an overweighted diver in to the 'air'. I think it was the diver's 100th dive or something.

when you are wearing a wetsuit this is great... go upside down so your feet are facing the surface, get your octopus and put it in the neck opening of your wetsuit and purge it. you fill with bubbles and look like the Michelin Man!!!!!

How badly does that f-up your bouyancy? I suspect I'm not quite there yet... though it might look funny.

Back
Top Bottom