Fundies report - Dutch Springs '10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It'd be great to dive sometime ... and don't trust a word you hear ... Can't trust those DNY folks ya' know.

Henrik

Ari - Ignore our ever humble Henrik, he is EVERY wonderful thing you've heard and more from the DNY folks!!!! :)

I agree not leaving anything out is what matters most. I imagine adding new items to the drill would be frustrating after it's so ingrained, but at least the system builds on itself so you don't have to start from scratch.

Thanks Mayor. I wish I had your skillset with any number of dives!

Henrik - I've heard enough things from enough people I'm starting to believe them! Good things fortunately :wink:

Greg - No arguments at all. I'm sure the airlines will appreciate my winning smile and comp me the tickets so I can afford to come visit, right? :)

Greg - No arguments at all. I'm sure the airlines will appreciate my winning smile and comp me the tickets so I can afford to come visit, right? :)

I've found that dating ugly flight attendants gets you better deals than smiling, but to each his own. :wink:

And evad: Nothing is wrong with the word "ain't." We use it all the time in Texas. :D :D

Peace,
Greg

Ari - Ignore our ever humble Henrik, he is EVERY wonderful thing you've heard and more from the DNY folks!!!! :)

Absolutely! Henrik is a great diver, buddy, and teacher.. he is just being modest. I look forward to more dives with him.

Excellent Fundies report! Brought back some fond memories of my class earlier this summer. I found it to be an excellent class, very eye opening, and Bob is a great instructor.

Thanks hitch. Hopefully I'll get to dive with you at Dutch sometime soon also.

Thanks for the report Ari.
Enjoyed sitting in for a bit on you class, and getting a small preview of what our class will be like in July. Part of me can't wait, and part of me is still dreading doing it all wrong, again.
I know Fundies with Bob will be a game changer. Just the two day Primer with him was an eye opener, and I was struggling to most that time with my first true dry suit dives. A week with him will be quite an experience, and I am really looking forward to it. AND dreading it!

and part of me is still dreading doing it all wrong, again.
AND dreading it!

No, no. Jim, we will be only doing it right :wink:

And dont dread anything, even the mess ups. I plan on making many mistakes, because its a class and I would rather make them here then in the field. If you dread it, its only going to make it harder, IMO.

Its only a scuba class. We have great team-mates and an amazing instructor, what could go wrong :idk:

You know, don't get your panties in a wad about GUE classes, guys.

I had a horrible experience in Cave 2; it sucked from the get-go. But after I had had enough sleep to have a little perspective, I realized there were a lot of things I learned -- not enough, mind you, but a lot. And bit by bit, I've been able to incorporate more things into my diving.

Even if you find Fundies a thrash, you will come out of it with things that you may not be able to use with facility right away, but you will know how to work on them until you can. As long as you don't absolutely right now need the pass, you'll come out ahead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom