Fusion Tech Limited Edition Write Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are the same pocket. They do stretch, so they can accomodate alot of stuff. If you want, let me know what you put in your pockets, I can put it in mine, and take a picture so you can see....They pockets are an extra cost of $102 for the pair :wink:

Some shots would be nice, Mike. Pics that exist online aren't terribly helpful. Could you also shoot one of the flap (open)? I assume it's velcro? $100 for two pockets isn't a bad price at all, assuming the pockets are decent(ly large).

Right pocket: 150' spool and 3.3' smb, spare double enders.
Left pocket: spare mask, wetnotes, shears, whistle, mirror, car keys, each on double enders, clipped off (I have an Explorer pocket and it has three compartments and fits all of this with no problem).

Also, Mike, when someone orders the Fusion with the tech skin, do they *also* get the lycra skin, or is it just a substitution? Oh, and just checked your website, yeah, that you get *two* pockets for $102 wasn't clear. Thanks!

Ok, made a quick video after a long day.....Dont make fun of my acting skillz....I had to bend down to fit in the screen...my tall 6'3 self didnt fit in the frame :wink:

I just threw some stuff in the pockets, just grabbed some stuff, there was still more room to put more stuff....

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-QNHW0Pgs

Mike,

Received my LE skin today! Installation was a breeze thanks to the video on the Whites page :) Thanks for the quick shipment! I will be diving it tomorrow :D

I will let you know what I think :D

So I dove the LE skin again Monday - three dives.

Initially I gooned up the install - thought I recalled from watching the video on the Whites site how to do it - I got it mostly right :wink:.

So, after I corrected my error I had three dives. First to 103ft, second to 85ft and third to 65ft - total water time around 2 hours.

I LOVE THE FUSION MORE THAN EVER!

Things the LE skin does for me:

- Seems to hold the drycore even more firmly than the regular tech skin - this makes sense as there is no lycra. This equates to essentially zero bubble movement, even heads down (note, I do not have the new boot mod that widens the ankles, so I don't know how that will effect the bubble).

- I learned a while ago not to loosen the dump valve all the way as I was getting a small amount of water through the dump valve - so I turn it a few clicks right to ensure I stay totally dry - this necessitated some manual releasing of air with the regular tech skin - with the LE skin, I do not have to do this - it is more efficient at pushing the excess air from the suit - again, I feel this is due to the extra 'push' the 100% neoprene skin gives the suit.

- The pockets - I like the pockets - I have had no issues with them in the four dives I have done so far - I load them up - no worries. Love the grommets for tiedowns. They stretch so they can hold plenty, even oversize things. Thumbs up!

Negatives:

- OK - flexibility is noticeably less - I say noticeably because I never noticed it before and now I have to push a little bit to get my arms all the way out in front of me at depth (while taking video for example). Is this a problem, not at all - it's just a noticeable difference from the regular tech skin.

- Drying time and rinsing: FAR more of a pain now. I have to release the ankle and wrist velcro and then rinse up the suit between the skin and drycore. The drying time is greatly increased and rinsing is far more of a pain that it used to be.

Overall:

I am exceedingly happy with the LE tech skin. Highly recommended.

So I dove the LE skin again Monday - three dives.

Initially I gooned up the install - thought I recalled from watching the video on the Whites site how to do it - I got it mostly right :wink:.

So, after I corrected my error I had three dives. First to 103ft, second to 85ft and third to 65ft - total water time around 2 hours.

I LOVE THE FUSION MORE THAN EVER!

Things the LE skin does for me:

- Seems to hold the drycore even more firmly than the regular tech skin - this makes sense as there is no lycra. This equates to essentially zero bubble movement, even heads down (note, I do not have the new boot mod that widens the ankles, so I don't know how that will effect the bubble).

- I learned a while ago not to loosen the dump valve all the way as I was getting a small amount of water through the dump valve - so I turn it a few clicks right to ensure I stay totally dry - this necessitated some manual releasing of air with the regular tech skin - with the LE skin, I do not have to do this - it is more efficient at pushing the excess air from the suit - again, I feel this is due to the extra 'push' the 100% neoprene skin gives the suit.

- The pockets - I like the pockets - I have had no issues with them in the four dives I have done so far - I load them up - no worries. Love the grommets for tiedowns. They stretch so they can hold plenty, even oversize things. Thumbs up!

Negatives:

- OK - flexibility is noticeably less - I say noticeably because I never noticed it before and now I have to push a little bit to get my arms all the way out in front of me at depth (while taking video for example). Is this a problem, not at all - it's just a noticeable difference from the regular tech skin.

- Drying time and rinsing: FAR more of a pain now. I have to release the ankle and wrist velcro and then rinse up the suit between the skin and drycore. The drying time is greatly increased and rinsing is far more of a pain that it used to be.

Overall:

I am exceedingly happy with the LE tech skin. Highly recommended.

You should write that review or copy it onto our online store :wink: You get $5 and help another person with the decision when they are looking at buying it

Glad you like it! I told you that you would love it :D

That is great to hear how happy you are with the suit, it is a winner for sure!

For anyone located in the northeast, the Academy of Deeper Education is having their 1st Annual 'Dive In' Festival on Saturday, Oct. 17th, at 601 Yoder Road in Harleysville, PA. They will have approximately 60 Whites Fusion Drysuits there for sale, along with the Whites Demo Team Trailer, so here is your opportunity to get some fantastic year-end deals on the greatest innovation in drysuit diving since the invention of the drysuit. On top of that there are about 35 manufacturers attending, a huge diver-to-diver swap meet, and seminars, training, lots of prizes, and more. All of it is a fundraiser for the IAHD-Americas handicapped diving program! More info on the Academy of Deeper Education website.

Does anybody know of a Whites retailor in Japan? More specifically in the Yokosuka, Yokohama, Tokyo area if possible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom