future teen diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny how these old threads, dead for years come back to life.

My son is 14. He just completed OW class here in So Cal. His first post certification dive was last saturday. I was his buddy. It was my 120th logged dive. I started recently too almost exactly one year before him. Din the rescue class last fall

If would be fun to get a few teen age divers together. Not just on-line but in the water at the same time and place. I notice that several that have posted here are also in So Cal. It would be possable without much effort.

What you say? is there interest in forming a semi-formal group both on-line and in the water of teen divers and (for the youngers ones) thier parents. Send PMs oe just post here and we can get this off the ground

I would be fine with getting the teenagers together,we live in rancho cucamonga,ca. my son has to get through the class first,hopefully in a couple weeks. we head down to redondo on a regular basis and I see little scuba chick lives in anaheim plus a couple more.So a socal get together is definately possible.

saintsfan:
I would be fine with getting the teenagers together,we live in rancho cucamonga,ca. my son has to get through the class first,hopefully in a couple weeks. we head down to redondo on a regular basis and I see little scuba chick lives in anaheim plus a couple more.So a socal get together is definately possible.

There are some more too that didn't post here.

But let's wait. The water is awful right now. I just got off a half day boat and as we came
back into King Harbor the smell was over powering. The red tide is thick. Viz in the
shallow water is poor but it really clearedup at 70 to 110 feet. close to 40 foot viz down there. We did the Palawan and Avalon wrecks

I went diving at old marineland,not too bad there.malagacove was pea soup and yeah king harbor was nasty so a few weeks will do it

try2dive:
How is the diving thier in Washington? I went snorkeling thier and did a little bit of spearfishing in the sound and it was rather cold. I would imagine that a dry suit is a must. Right?

I'm in oregon, but conditions shouldn't be too different, and I can dive here in a full wetsuit. I saw a few guys diving without jackets or hoods too, but that looked really cold.

well its great to hear it if your ever in fl let me no and we can dive

its great that more teens are starting to dive well now u should consider exspanding your training to well aow
good luck with your diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom