G12 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just saw this thread, did this work for you Colin?

I had *exactly* the same problem with my G11 on the canon housing and I was thinking of just replacing it as it has seen a bit of bashing in its life and I thought I was probably done with it. In never flooded or anything, just the symptoms that you mentioned and only at above 30-35 meters.

If you see this pls let me know if the above worked for you.

Have not returned to diving yet. Did soak the housing in warm water and put silicone on all the buttons. Will post when I try it out!

Had my G12 and canon case for over 3 years and 100 plus dives and no leaks.
I did have some focus problems above water but found it was a sticky shutter button.
Below water I had a few problems when I thought I had it fixed the button problem but it was a casing button problem.
Thorough washing and operating all buttons after each series of dives fixed this, I also make sure all buttons get a good couple of pushes without the camera in, to make sure they operate freely before each dive.
I may try the silicone internally next time as this sounds like a top tip :cheers:

Im in no hurry to get rid of this camera unless I have too.
Strobes to come, to take it to the next level though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom