G9 to Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots! Can't wait until my trip there in November.

Great images! Did you use PS3 or some other program in editing? I have a G9 as well and I love the pixel count it gives me for production. Do you shoot in RAW?

Wow! Like the jellyfish shots!
How is the Patima housing? Do the wet lenses & strobe work well with the housing?

For XARIATAY :

here is the answer I did make on wetpixel about the Patima housing :

I own the Patima housing.
I just come back from Palau where I was able to use it during 25 dives.
It's a wonderful housing , very simple to manage above and underwater , perfectly design , but a little heavy underwater.
More heavy if you add the Inon 100uwl lense that I guess you want to use with , and more more heavy if you use the dome with the lense .
It's his only defaut .
But I'm a woman , and I think that for a man it could be easiest.
There is also a little vignetting in the left corner when used with the small port and the Inon 100 uwl , but it's really négligeable .
The use of macro lense is easy as well .

For MEL : we stayed 14 days to Palau .This is really a lovely place for diving !!

Great images! Did you use PS3 or some other program in editing? I have a G9 as well and I love the pixel count it gives me for production. Do you shoot in RAW?

Sorry I don't know what is ps3 , I use mainly photoshop élément , and try to modifie my pictures as less as possible .
Every treatment come always with a loss of quality !!
I did try to shoot in Raw , but actually don't have yet any opinion about this .
I'm looking for some software to treat Raw format from the Canon G9 .
Dxo optic don't treat the pictures from the G9 , and the add on of photoshop is a bit poor.
If anybody has any idea ..

Hello

Here are some pics I did take to Palau , with Canon G 9 in Patima housing .

PALAU 2008 - a set on Flickr

Use of either Nikonos SB 105 with Inon D2000W , or Inon alone
Inon 100 uwl lense , Inon 105 macro lense.

I use Inon AD lenses (UFL-165AD Fisheye Lens, Inon UWL-105AD Wide Angle Lens & 2 Inon UCL-165AD Close-Up Lenses) with my Sony housing, and I attach them to the housing with an Inon lens mount.

Which mount do you use to attach your wet lenses to the housing? And are your lenses threaded or do they twist and snap in?

Thanks,

Adrian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom