Galapagos-trip report, contaminated air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently had a bad tank of air while on a trip to the Red Sea. I was the only one. I mentioned it to the QA guy for the company who just happened to be onboard that week. He immediately told the person who was responsible for filling the tanks. I never had another problem after that first tank - but it sure tasted bad. I would not have been able to continue diving had the situation not improved.

Kudos for writing a letter, but like others it would really help identify everyone involved, especially the captains. Captains move to different boats.

My wife and I are going to Galapagos in 2009. It would be very helpful if the OP would name the company involved here. If a person posts on a forum and recounts an unsafe practice in the diving industry, I can't figure out why you wouldn't want to help people and say who it is. What if someone dies on that boat next week? I don't understand why you want to protect the liveaboard company while putting your fellow divers at risk.

If you want to protect the liveaboard for some reason, then perhaps you should delete your post -- it just makes me worry about where I'm going diving now.

JP

Same as JP, I'm planning a trip to the Galapagos. I'd really like to know what boat this was.

There comes a time when one has to stand up and be counted...to post all that information and not name the boat goes beyond the limits of PC...might as well have kept this all to yourself and not bothered. I was on the Baani Explorer prior to the Adventurer tragedy and attempted to alert everyone to the dangers of that organization and was not afraid to name names...you are possibly saving a life or lives by alerting the diving community to these instances!!!

The guy will answer any and all questions. If you don't have the time to email him, quit complaining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom