Galaxy Video Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope it's great! I just bought one and plan Tobias it in June on a liveaboard.

So I just bought mine, and haven't taken it underwater yet...I bought it with a sport HD II also from intova.

Here is what I can tell you: 140 degree spread - yes, a large solid orb of light - no hot spots, even light edge to edge. After seeing it used with a POV camera its a bit over overkill though:

These POV cams measure FOV diagonally...a 140 degree FOV diagonally is about 100 degrees horizontally, so I don't really need a 140 degree light. I imagine the go pro is the same, horizontally I doubt you get 170 degrees. You likely get down to 120, and once you put it the water it likely drops a bit.

Bottom line is that if you are comparing the brightness of the light, you will find the galaxy 2500 to be about as bright as the sola 1200 - the sola 1200 only has to put its 1200 lumens in a 60 degree beam, the 2500 galaxy spreads it much wider...and therefor loses some lux. Still, its much cheaper than the sola 1200.

I'll post some videos in a couple of weeks....so excited to try out my new toy....and Roatan is a great place to try it out.

Ray

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use two of them and they are great. The only issue I had was some oscillation on video playback but tovatec took care of it. I think it had something to do with the hertz frequency of the light power supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom