Galileo Sol Safety Stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have my Sol safety stop set to automatic, 3 minutes. When I ascend to 20 ft I started the safety stop by pressing first button and continued a slow ascent. But at 15 ft the Sol overrides my safety stop and starts a new 3 minute timer. It would seem more logical to just continue my manual safety stop, no?

Agree - it does the same with the PDIS - if you complete the PDIS and then drop a foot or two below the PDIS level, it starts all over again. :whatever:

Agree - it does the same with the PDIS - if you complete the PDIS and then drop a foot or two below the PDIS level, it starts all over again. :whatever:

That also makes no sense. I hope a rep from Scubapro reads these as it could be easily fixed with a firmware update.

On the safety stop issue, I believe if you just let the Sol do the automatic stop as opposed to hitting the button, it will automaticly go into the safety stop at 15'. If you want to do it manually, then set it on manual. Yes, it will redo the countdown if you go below around 20'. Personally, I don't have a problem with this redo on the safety stop.

As far as the PDIS, yes, it does a redo. I do feel this redo may create a problem and should be fixed.

I will give my SCUBAPRO rep a holler and let you know.

On the safety stop issue, I believe if you just let the Sol do the automatic stop as opposed to hitting the button, it will automaticly go into the safety stop at 15'. If you want to do it manually, then set it on manual. Yes, it will redo the countdown if you go below around 20'. Personally, I don't have a problem with this redo on the safety stop.

The behavior of the automatic safety stop timer in the Sol is a little odd. My Suunto Vyper starts the timer at 20 ft and continues as long as you're in to 10-20 ft zone. The auto safety stop in the Sol starts at 15 ft but once started it allows you to stay in the 10-20 ft zone without resetting.

I'd like to leave it in auto mode in case I forget to start it, but be able to start the timer at 20ft by starting it manually. What's the point of allowing the user to start the manual timer at 20 ft and then resetting when you get to 15 ft. It makes no sense. I could see resetting if you descend below 20 ft, but not if stay within the correct 10-20 ft zone.

Adam

Reactions: Jax
Hi All,

If go you below the depth of your stop, you are continuing your dive, as opposed to continuing your ascent (whether in PDIS or safety stop). The algorithm must use a value to determine whether you are continuing your dive, or continuing your ascent. If you continue your dive, the computer will recalculate a new stop based on the tissue values determined by the algorithm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom