Garden Groove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Jim Lyle recently returned from Cozumel. Merry and I were diving Browning Passage last month. Today we each let a little current scare us away from the west side of Palos Verdes. Actually, it was strong enough that losing the anchor could mean surfacing away from the boat and drifting out to sea or into a propeller. An even worse scenario would be having to swim against the current a half mile and make a beach exit.

I decided to head south for protected waters. We chose wind chop over current at Garden Spot near Abalone Cove. The crew of the Popeye Maru must have thought I knew what I was doing as they soon joined us.

The water was clearer than last week so we descended to the small reef below. Polycera tricolor were everywhere but other nudibranchs were few and far between. I still enjoyed the dive. I must have been in Zen mode because I accrued a few minutes of deco obligation on a fairly shallow dive. I hope the ocean will Zen out for the rest of the weekend.

Garden%20Spot%2019_zpsabluj87k.jpg

Garden%20Spot%2016_zps0i69yflz.jpg

Garden%20Spot%204_zpsyeyolh3m.jpg

Garden%20Spot%2013_zpszwmnaiqg.jpg

Garden%20Spot%201_zpsv5lhgjdm.jpg

Garden%20Spot%203_zpsdzypihbe.jpg

Garden%20Spot%206_zpsotyk4spi.jpg

Garden%20Spot%2012_zpswyolepe1.jpg

Garden%20Spot%2011_zpskghnqasm.jpg

Garden%20Spot%2020_zpsxcursvil.jpg

Garden%20Spot%2018_zpsimkrjhud.jpg

Garden%20Spot%207_zps3oorpguq.jpg

Garden%20Spot%205_zpsu7e5z4tl.jpg

Garden%20Spot%208_zps9rwqmiow.jpg

Amazing photos. What camera system are you using? What settings did you use to get those photos? I'm an n3wb/aspiring macro photographer.

Back
Top Bottom