Garmin Descent G1 - N2 loading vs Surface Gradient

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a Garmin Descent G1 as a backup computer and I am a bit confuse. I dive with a gradient factor setting of 55/70 and while doing a light deco dive, I surfaced after the deco cleared (and a few additional minutes of safety stop/ looking around in the shallow...). At that point I remember the Descent showing a Surface Gradient of 65% (same as my shearwater). What confuse me is that the Garmin log software is showing a "Leaving Dive N2 loading" of 77%.

What is this "N2 loading" calculation. My expectation was for it to be the GF99 at the end of the dive but it is clearly not that. Can somebody shed any light on how this number is calculated? The manual and the Garmin Forum are silent on that matter...

Not sure exactly what that refers to. I don't use it myself. I have both displaying SurfGF, and will use the tissue loading graphs. Apart from orientation of the graphs, these seem to match up well on my Garmin and my Shearwater. So, when you surface the SurfGF on both should display the same. The N2 loading doesn't really match.

There are much better tools on the watch for subsequent dive planning than the N2 loading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom