Gas prices affecting you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got to $1.01/litre here too. (I thought since we pump it, it should be cheaper... I guess not!)

Mark L:
Did we in Canada not switch to the Metric system so as we would not realize that gas was going to go past the $1/gal mark?

Can someone explain to me why ethanol is more expensive then gasoline some days but less on other days? If its made from corn, is it not easier to produce? Why does North America still belong to OPEC and agree to the price fixing?

How much will charters go up because of the increased fuel costs to the operators?

At MacEwens gas stations in Ottawa 89 octane ethanol is always the same price as Regular (87 octane). on Wednesdays its 2 cents cheaper.
thusly, I always fill up on Wednesdays with 89

The gas price here is $2.59 / gal US. Wonder how much dive gear I can get on a motorcycle. Hay Andy, any Ideas on this? Rick is right about percentage profits. I really think the Oil companies are gouging us. If they need x cents/ dollars per gallon to make a good profit just tack that amount on to production cost and sell it for that. The price would then be a lot lower. Sell more gas make more profit.

Wow, big bump -- Monday was 2.59, today it was 2.81 -- nice to know that GB's buds are doing so well :)

fmw625:
Wonder how much dive gear I can get on a motorcycle. Hay Andy, any Ideas on this?

quite a lot, actually... i saw this guy in Daytona who rode his bike to the
shop with all his gear (no tanks)

he had two hard saddles and a rear hard box, and everything fit there

i can "almost" go diving (no tanks) with just a regular-size backpack
and a duffel-bag sized mesh bag, both bungied to the rear seat.

so... very doable, if only i got off my butt and bought some saddlebags

fmw625:
Wonder how much dive gear I can get on a motorcycle. Hay Andy, any Ideas on this? Rick is right about percentage profits. I really think the Oil companies are gouging us. .

I was also thinking about that option as a biker. Actually, you can bring everything excpet the tanks. The back pack design bag can hold pretty much all diving stuff.

But, the problem is whether or not there is a rental tank option at the site where you want to dive. It might be feasible for some local quarries though. There is no economic incentive because the rental tank fee will offset the gasoline saving pretty soon. Just my 2 cents....

there's actually quite a few small trailer designs for bike these days that would work well.....

Sure, but the trailer is another cost..... :06: And, it is dependong on what kind of bikes we have.... Mine is a sport bike. No Way...... :D

canuckdiver:
there's actually quite a few small trailer designs for bike these days that would work well.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom