Gas prices affecting you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu:
I thought Iraq was America's 51 state, why is the prices going up???

Almost the 51st state we have much more money to spend and lifes to give to pay off. Remember Bush has stock in oil so we have to pad his retirement account.

Michael_Lambert:
Where the big issues are going to come, Everything is going to start going up because of it.. Transport cost are going up.. cost more to bring things in.. but yet the cost of living never goes up!.. many people are still making the same pay they where 10 years ago! thats where it really starts to effect some people!

You are correct. The effects of higher gas prices goes way beyond the pump. The retailers such as grocers, clothing stores, furniture stores etc will raise their prices on the products to off set the increased delivery fees to have products delivered to their retail stores. We have a large furniture dealer here in Houston who stated yesterday that he used to pay 1500.00 for a furniture delivery to come from California now the charge is 2300.00. guess who pays? I had my secretary order flowers for an ill employee the delivery charge went up 10.00. We ordered food for lunch normally they deliver for free, they now charge. Casual hourly employees are having a hard time financially because of the high gas prices just to get them back and forth to work, some of them were just barely getting by before the fuel hikes.

Gas 2.53 a gallon US here is the break down:
1.43 Crude Oil
.44 Taxes
.07 Distribution/Marketing
.59 Refining

Are you sure that the tax is only 44 cent?

SteveDiver:
You are correct. The effects of higher gas prices goes way beyond the pump. The retailers such as grocers, clothing stores, furniture stores etc will raise their prices on the products to off set the increased delivery fees to have products delivered to their retail stores. We have a large furniture dealer here in Houston who stated yesterday that he used to pay 1500.00 for a furniture delivery to come from California now the charge is 2300.00. guess who pays? I had my secretary order flowers for an ill employee the delivery charge went up 10.00. We ordered food for lunch normally they deliver for free, they now charge. Casual hourly employees are having a hard time financially because of the high gas prices just to get them back and forth to work, some of them were just barely getting by before the fuel hikes.

Gas 2.53 a gallon US here is the break down:
1.43 Crude Oil
.44 Taxes
.07 Distribution/Marketing
.59 Refining

Quote: "Are you sure that the tax is only 44 cent?"

According to Fox News this morning. Well...Fox news statements have to be taken lightly we know how fair and balanced they are....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom