Gasman alive -- I think

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it is true Don.The Dahli Llama sends his regrets and says that anything reincarnated at a level below a mammal must wait until they have returned as a higher being before he will take their appointment.Until then,please keep up the good deeds....sorry...I forgot who I was talking to...heheheh.
Yes!!! The Gasman has returned.I've been a little naked without computer access and time to type.This is a quicky one too.I finally did what you northern hemisphere wallahs are always talking about....I dived a quarry! Water was nice but I thought the wave action was a little to be desired.
Should have left my board at home,but hey...that's what I'm used to when it comes to water.Going inside a plane was good.I will post a dive report on the ST.Lawrence dives in a few days.Thanks for the "good" thoughts.
There can be only one,
The Thunder from Down Under (temporarily up top),
The one and only,
Gasman.

It has been quieter around here,It's good to see you back on the boards.
Looking forward to seeing your trip report (especially if it will help me to get Debbielou into some coldwater/freshwater diving). :D

Tavi (who also seeks the enlightenment of all sentient beings)....:confused:........are Iguanas sentient beings?

Looking forward to reading your reports on diving while you are the Thunder from temporarily up top.

BTW did the calm quarry waters put you off your form?

Welcome back, Gassie.... you don't know how much we've missed you and your 'gassing' around on the boards.

So you were nekked without a computer eh? That's an interesting thought.... :devilish:

Can't wait to hear your quarry dive-tales.

Hurry up, Big Ears
:)

A "full" dive report will follow, but the highlights --
- load car night before
- up and at 'em at 6:00
- arrive at marina 7:45
- all divers assembled, and board the "Regulator", and we head out
- arrive at the Keystorm, head for the bottom. Water temp was around 74 at 115 ft - I was in my full 3/2mm and was toasty. Viz 30-40 ft. Lovely little tour, and before you know it, time to head up for the safety stop, and exit
- everyone gets back on board, and we head off to the Kinghorn (at Rockport, Ont).
- we anchor, and the provincial police come by to say we shouldn't get in the water as the "Poker Run" will be coming through soon. Well duh, I wanted to get in the water and have around 200 racing speed boats zoom over top! A perfect way to spend our SI.
- eventually get to dive, have another nice dive
- everyone gets back on board, and we head to Mallorytown for a BBQ. Oops, we all forgot about the open fire ban. So everyone except the captain and I take the picinic stuff and set up in the shade. The captain and I head out into the river, and I set up a mini BBQ on the swim deck, and cook the sausages. Then we head back to shore, have a great meal with good friends
- we then get on board again and head for the Daryaw. Hope you like current if you do this one. The Poker Run went by in the other channel while we were there, so we knew it was safe to try to get back to the marina.

A short plug - if you're in the Brockville area, I HIGHLY recommend Bottom Time Charters. Evan & Anick are super!

A good time was had by all, and I have pictures to prove it. I just have to figure out how to share them.

I'm heading off to Kingston at the end of the month for some more diving.... just got to get wet.

Short and sweet, DG, but sounds like you had a great day. Looking forward to seeing some pics!

:)

What she said!!!
I would add that the area has to be considered a wreck diving mecca.I have racked my brains and cannot think of another place where you can dive on 3 wrecks on 3 different dives in 2 countries and have them all easily accessable.
Well worth the effort...
By the way CG,not only am I nekked without a computer,I'm nekked in the shower aswell...I wasn't having the best results with clothes on...Oh well.
There can be only one,
The Gasman.

KB.... I'm pondering on that last line...... ????

:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom