GC and Photo Classes at Cathy Church Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done 2 classes with Tee at Cathy's. Very experienced, excellent teacher. You sit with him to review basics, then dive the Sunset house reef and then critique your work. I beleive he also teaches post processing as well. Very nice guy and BOY is he patient.

@scubadada - I didn't mention it, using a Canon G16 in a Fantasea housing, Sea and Sea tray, S&S YS-27 DX strobe. Love the setup, the housing provides access to all controls, like a second skin.

LOL - thanks @Green Frog that was a totally unscripted. I dive with my head on a swivel and just happened to glance over my shoulder to see the Angel making a beeline for me. I snapped a few as it zoomed at me. 'I am a French Angel! Take my picture!' - it seemed to be saying. So I obliged. I think I was the only one on the reef at the time and it was bored.

One thing regarding Cathy - the shop is now just her and pretty much one other person. She is offering a focused Super Course next May limited to 12 people, but please note that "Tee" and most of her other photo pros from previous Photo Fests are no longer there. In fact, Lisa Collins, one of her former pros is now out on her own in GC. Just a heads up.

@scubadada - I didn't mention it, using a Canon G16 in a Fantasea housing, Sea and Sea tray, S&S YS-27 DX strobe. Love the setup, the housing provides access to all controls, like a second skin.

LOL - thanks @Green Frog that was a totally unscripted. I dive with my head on a swivel and just happened to glance over my shoulder to see the Angel making a beeline for me. I snapped a few as it zoomed at me. 'I am a French Angel! Take my picture!' - it seemed to be saying. So I obliged. I think I was the only one on the reef at the time and it was bored.
Since somebody reopened this thread with a new post, I’ll mention that my first post COVID trip to Nassau and dives with Stuart Cove’s has come and gone... successfully I might add. I managed to lose the little Suptig video light I had bought on my way down without ever getting to use it, but was gratified to see I could still get some acceptable shots with the Sealife Micro 3.0 down to 70+ feet using existing light. You know what the say about blind squirrels and acorns!
🐸

Attachments

• 337DA04A-D9BA-4F1E-8AFB-A37F620ADE44.jpeg
    337DA04A-D9BA-4F1E-8AFB-A37F620ADE44.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 44
@Green Frog > nice grey Angel! Woo hoo!!! Welcome back to travel. Glad the first post Covid trip went off well, except for the light. Sadly due to personal situations, I did not get a fall dive trip in. Family, finishing building a new house, my Goddaughter getting married this weekend, and lastly that 4 letter word - - WORK - - kept me tethered.

@Jersey, tried that work stuff... 30 years teaching high school then another 16 as an adjunct in a community college. Finally decided there was just no future in it! Now I wonder why it took me so long to figure that out!
Right now I’m plotting a trip to the Keys as early in the Sping as possible, and hoping for a trip back to Nassau next June. You think that Grey is nice? Wait til you see the French and Queen I got! All existing light with my little SeaLife Micro 3.0 and just minimal cropping and cleanup on my iPad.
🐸

Attachments

• MICR0240.jpeg
    MICR0240.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 45
  • MICR0276.jpeg
    MICR0276.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 36
I love using digital… I held on to my Nikonos system as long as I could, but with the passing of Bob Warkenton and the crazy cost of film and development, I just finally gave in and went “over to the dark side”.

My photography has degenerated to touristy, “been there” pictures. No pressure just fun, and surprise, surprise, the results are far better than I expected or hoped.

🐸

Attachments

• MICR0362.jpeg
    MICR0362.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 37

Back
Top Bottom