Gear Advice - Scubapro X-Tek Form Tek Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my two cents. I actually have a Scubapro X-Tek "Pure" harness and it's very comfortable. The truth is, if your rig is adjusted correctly the only thing you'll feel is the waist strap and backplate in the water. I think this applies too to all BP/W with hog harness.

Nobody is telling you what to do.... but I see the signs that you've bitten right into the snake-oil marketing.

Or I have been on good pricing that I could get only with scuba-pro equipment. My SP full set came out to be about the same price as Hog gear (I'm assuming Hog prices based on what I saw on the net) -- also isn't Hog is Chinese made?

Or I have been on good pricing that I could get only with scuba-pro equipment. My SP full set came out to be about the same price as Hog gear (I'm assuming Hog prices based on what I saw on the net) -- also isn't Hog is Chinese made?

Depends on the part. And if you got SP at Hog pricing, something to me seems way off. When I have priced out SP items they come in way higher than others when it comes to BP, Wings, Harnesses etc. The reason I am saying that is SP actually has a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) that a dealer can sell an item of theirs for (last I checked).

first point- if it's truly mass produced, it was made overseas. Assembled here, maybe. But molded/cast/machined in china.

Second point- if you paid the same price as a hog reg set, which is about 250$ for a first and second stage with hose, you need to make sure you have a receipt detailing what you bought, and how much you paid for it. If the store cheated MAP, there's a good chance it wont be covered by scubapro under warranty, that's how map works.

I've seen the scubapro tek harnesses, they seem very busy, and VERY expensive(this from the guy diving halcyon, which I regret spending that much on). I know I could buy a DSS, or oxycheck, BPW with a hog style harness, AND a set of regulators, for what that scubapro tek rig is typically MAP'd at.

LDS's are nice, but remember they're a business. They're trying to make money off you, and I've seen many many unscrupulous ones that prefer the sale to the customer.....

Back
Top Bottom