Gear left in freezing temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Similar question -

Theres a bunch of Aluminium tanks up here that may have have sat around at -20 to -40 C (-4 to -40 F) all last winter.

I assume the O rings on the thread are going to have to be replaced?

Cheers,
Rohan.

That's what you get for living in Ulaanbaatar (I'm just jealous). I just finished reading about the American Museum expeditions.

After a year of eating canned mutton in assorted field camps I'm more than happy to swap homes with you anytime... Just leave your key under the front door mat. :D Its a tropical -10C today: I almost put on my shorts.

Yep the old American expeditions were colourful, and several famous fossils found during that era are still on display up here.

Don't tell me I'm going to have to unscrew the tank valves and have look myself rather than finding out via the internet?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
After a year of eating canned mutton in assorted field camps I'm more than happy to swap homes with you anytime... Just leave your key under the front door mat. :D Its a tropical -10C today: I almost put on my shorts.

Yep the old American expeditions were colourful, and several famous fossils found during that era are still on display up here.

Don't tell me I'm going to have to unscrew the tank valves and have look myself rather than finding out via the internet?

Cheers,
Rohan.
Man ... I don't know about your valves. I'll e-mail my Bill High and some of my buds at the NSF Antarctic Program. BTW: I've got a plaster casting of an egg from the Flaming Cliffs.

Cool - I have worked close to the flamming cliffs but have never visited the site.

One of our contractors had to sink a 5 metre by 5 metre shaft through some Cretaceous last year - and they hit over two dozen theropod eggs in several nests just within that one small cross-sectional area.

The eggs went to the Mongolian Natural History museum after their palaeontologists had excavated the site...

Cheers,
Rohan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom