Gear Selection - Be Brutal.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh...quick question. I know that an APEX is designed to freeflow in the event of a malfunction (ie, not shut down) but isn't a Posidean (spelling, sorry) designed to stop delivering instead of freeflowing. I'm not sure so I'm asking......

redblanket:
I know if seems like a lot of weight, but my problem is that the suit fits so poorly that air gets stuck in it, and I have to flick around like I'm having a sezuire to get the air to get out of the left bicep. It's actually kind of funny to watch I guess! :)

Get a drysuit that fits properly, trust me it's WORTH it! I did the "seizure dump" for almost 75 dives before I finally decided the problem was the suit and not me. I actually had to make the seizure dump description part of the pre-dive briefing with my buddy to keep them from trying to rescue me :11: I've actually started to enjoy drysuit diving since I got a suit that fits properly.

Bob3 here on the board is a Viking dealer. I have a Viking Xtreme (drysuit) and now that I have one that fits I really like it!
Ber :lilbunny:

Sean C:
Uh...quick question. I know that an APEX is designed to freeflow in the event of a malfunction (ie, not shut down) but isn't a Posidean (spelling, sorry) designed to stop delivering instead of freeflowing. I'm not sure so I'm asking......

The Poseidon hoses have a special relief valve built into them, to allow an IP spike to blow off through the valve and not lock up the reg.

Simple hog harness, backplate and single wing will save you $$$$ in the long run. All you'll ever need to change is to a double wing if you go that route.

I don't doubt that Poseidon regs are good, a friend of mine regularly used a Cyklon 300 (metal 2nd stage) and the only maintenance it ever got was lifting a bag of cement off it from the back of his builder's van so he could use it. But for value for money in initial purchase and ongoing maintenance with performance and reliability as well I'd suggest an Apex DS4/Tx40 with a further Tx40 octo. That way, if you eventually decide to go for doubles you'll only have to buy another DS4 first stage. I'd avoid the Egress as you're never going to use that as a primary second stage. You don't need any cracking adjustment knobs, just a simple venturi on/off suffices and, if you really must adjust the crack pressure, you can do this on a Tx40 with an Allen key.

PS the $50 equipment course thingy is just extracting the urine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom