Gear Set-Up Replacing Air-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I primarily use an AIR2 without an additional octo. However, I use a normal LP hose with a threaded SP connector for the Air2. I also carry a "normal" threaded BC inflator connector and power inflator... along with a spare regulator and hose.
If the Air2 ever gets finicky, I can easily swap over to a normal inflator and add a normal reg for a secondary air source.

I primarily use an AIR2 without an additional octo. However, I use a normal LP hose with a threaded SP connector for the Air2. I also carry a "normal" threaded BC inflator connector and power inflator... along with a spare regulator and hose.
If the Air2 ever gets finicky, I can easily swap over to a normal inflator and add a normal reg for a secondary air source.

lemke,

Yours is a really neat solution, imho: a single spare regulator 2nd stage hose and two threaded connectors! Where did you source your threaded AIR 2 connector and threaded power inflator connector?

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

is this for travel only, i.e. spare reg setup?

Has your Air2 ever given you problems?
I usually have some back up contingencies when im overseas diving. If im in my backyard, meh if i miss a dive, always tomorrow.

Good morning R...I had an Air2 and dumped it for a second 2nd stage. My primary reason was because I don't like having someone directly in my face during an OOA practice and since I have not experienced a real OOA situation I can only assume the same for that situation as well. I am not a tech diver but I set up my gear the way the tech guys do because I like the way the gear sets up. My former LDS I should not do that because I would then have an "extra" hose to get in the way. I call BS on that. I do have an extra hose to deal with but it does cause extra drag that is noticeable also it is not any more difficult to deal once you get the reg placed where you want it. I keep my safe second on a bungee under my chin. I find that I really like this setup. I am not saying the other guys are wrong just offering my findings. Good luck in figuring out which set up works best for you. I know I have had fun figuring out my gear.

Good morning R...I had an Air2 and dumped it for a second 2nd stage. My primary reason was because I don't like having someone directly in my face during an OOA practice and since I have not experienced a real OOA situation I can only assume the same for that situation as well. I am not a tech diver but I set up my gear the way the tech guys do because I like the way the gear sets up. My former LDS I should not do that because I would then have an "extra" hose to get in the way. I call BS on that. I do have an extra hose to deal with but it does cause extra drag that is noticeable also it is not any more difficult to deal once you get the reg placed where you want it. I keep my safe second on a bungee under my chin. I find that I really like this setup. I am not saying the other guys are wrong just offering my findings. Good luck in figuring out which set up works best for you. I know I have had fun figuring out my gear.

You donate your primary, not your Air2 in an OOA scenario.
The Air 2 is for your own use. It is a backup, NOT an octo.

Please see the link below.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...ng-your-line-altair-inflator-note-divers.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom