Gemini question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the fix? Are we talking about a drop of loctite I can do myself, a new nylock nut or is it a kit or something the factory supplies to the dealer who fixes it? If I were in denver, this would be as easy as dropping it off at A1 Scuba and telling them to call me when it's fixed..but we are in cozumel and we've lost as much in aborted dives (that we had to pay for anyway) as these two units cost new.

I just had this fix done to my Gemini, there is a plastic section of the valve body that screws to a metal base, when this gets undone it pulls the orifice off the valve seat and causes the freeflow. The fix is to apply loctite (blue not red) or other equivalent thread locker and retighten and let sit for at least 12 hours until it sets.

This problem is NOT fixed. I just bought one from scuba toys, they were out of stock so they had to order one from the factory for me. This was just a couple weeks ago. On the second dive, it began free flowing at 100ft deep. I WOULD RECOMMEND NOBODY BUYS THE GEMINI. Any piece of scuba equipment that breaks on the second dive is not worth trusting. There are many more integrated octo's on the market that are much better quality.

Greg, I would venture to guess that the unit you received from Scuba Toys did not have the adjustment made. Or was not properly tightened. Bring the item back to Scuba Toys they will service the unit so that you no longer have the problem.

The problem is fixed. There is a now a post screw installed in the fitting so that the two units cannot unscrew from each other.

Sherwood Rep.

Greg, I would venture to guess that the unit you received from Scuba Toys did not have the adjustment made. Or was not properly tightened. Bring the item back to Scuba Toys they will service the unit so that you no longer have the problem.

The problem is fixed. There is a now a post screw installed in the fitting so that the two units cannot unscrew from each other.

Sherwood Rep.

The two Geminis I bought two weeks ago both failed on the second day of use. One freeflowed and second was leaking. Is there a permanent fix to these problems or should the units be incrementaly adjusted and potentially ruin even more dives?

Thanks.

Hi, I just ordered one of these and it arrived today! Is there anyway to tell from looking at the body whether it is the pre or post fixed model?

Thanks
Luke

Thanks. Ok this nmay sound really stupiod, but whereabout is the serial number? I want to register it on the Sherwood site, but can't find the number!?

Cheers
Luke

The serial # is on the backside case next to the mouthpiece. If you are looking at the Yellow button on the front, turn it over to the opposite side and there is the serial #.

Hi Sherwood,

Thanks for the reply. I ahev been over this thing with a fine tooth comb and there is no serial number! Should I return it?

gem1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gem2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bought from Divers Supply - Macon GA about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
Luke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom