General weather question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vidiotic

Registered
Reaction score
Not long now till I arrive on Utilia, still need to sort somewhere out for my IDC but reckon that will be sorted once there. Anyway, so I have something to pass the time with as I sit at my desk I was wondering what the current weather is and what the current water temp is viz is like. Should I pack my jumpers and hoodies or just pack t-shirts, boardies and of course, no flip flops

If you're going to be in the water a lot, and I assume you will- I would bring some bit of everything. The most necessary item would be an uninsulated gore-tex outer, more properly called a "parka". Nothing like a solid windbreak post-dive or a good rain coat!

If cost is a consideration, it would be far cheaper to bear any overweight baggage charge than to attempt to buy new clothes in any of the Bay Islands. A serviceable mass of t-shirts and bathing trunks would be smart.

Here is a great resource for weather links and Bay Islands historical data: Weather reports: Tea leaves and chicken bones - CoCo Chat

Bring flip flops. The streets are not paved with downy feathers, alas. Protect your feet.

As Roatanman said a lightweight raincoat for those occasional downpours is a must.

Bring one warmish jumper or hoodie since most IDC classrooms are air conditioned and you will freeze your nuts off with just t-shirts and shorts!

Rotan man, my feet are solid! Walked around Koh Tao without shoes for over 6 momths and didn't buy a pair of flip flops even when i was travelling round Indonesia. Turning up in KL without shoes and walking into McDs was a strange experience :) But thanks for the info lads.

most IDC classrooms are air conditioned and you will freeze your nuts off with just t-shirts and shorts!

So that's the secret to keeping 'em awake. Got it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom