genesis resource still any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UFO8MyCow

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diver and I have a genesis resource made in 1998 that I got with some other equipment I bought used over the winter and now I am contemplating buying somthing newer. I used it to do my referral dives while on a cruise but now I will mainly be diving a few times a year here in Minnesota and maby a trip every couple years. Is this still concidered to be a safe computer or is it too out of date and I should get somthing newer.

Dive computers are still using the same algorithms, some newer ones may have more features, but if it hurts and has fresh batteries, you should be good to go.

---------- Post added June 5th, 2013 at 07:49 PM ----------

Works Not hurts. Stupid autocorrect

I believe that the Genesis Resource is very similar to the Sherwood Source that I had back in the '90's. It is an air only computer, built by Pelagic (Oceanic) and, if it works properly is very safe to use.

I know it's an old thread but just have to say it is 2022 and I have mine still working. If sand gets in the 3 holes for the sensor, I used fresh water under faucet and old tooth brush. No toothpaste please. The hardware store has the oring in neoprene rubber 55 cents. The 2ea CR2032 batteries for replacement under 5 dollars. I have the depth gauge timer puck also. I would keep it going too. It could be used with tables if computer goes bad during dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom