George and Don Brauer and their contribution to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Miller - OMG, cannot believe the coincidence. Jim Pearson here. I saw the newspaper article about you and had it on my desk. This morning I was using Google to find the Brauer brothers ("Territory Underwater" got me into diving as a teenager) and your name popped up here. You were one of the ITC staff when I went through 21UICC 42 years ago. That was after I had been diving in Texas since 1958 and then a stint diving for the Navy in Vietnam. Good to know you are still kicking. I still have some of your seafood recipes from the old days. I see Ralph and the guys from LA County and give guest lectures for them but the numbers are not like they were years ago. I am a Marine and Underwater Coordinator for the film industry and will keep diving until Davy Jones holds me down there. Best wishes to you old friend.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2014 at 11:54 AM ----------

Carolyn - your grandfather got me into diving. I was a teenager in Texas in 1958 when I first saw "Territory Underwater". Seeing the guys "fly" over Farnsworth Banks captured my imagination. I shall never stop diving and shall never forget George and Don. You should be proud.

Carolynolv My Grandfather was telling me this morning about the Territory Underwater shows that your Grandfather used to film and about how he was in a few of them. I tried the link that you posted but I only get an error message. If you could please send me a new link or tell me how to find some of the footage it would be greatly appreciated. My Grandfather's name is Charles or "Chuck" August. Thank you.
Christy

We have several old reels (the large ones), one of which is labeled Territory Underwater, sitting in the garage. Please let me know if there's any interest. I think that's all we have left of them at this point, and never ended up getting them converted. carolynoliveira at gmail.com is my email.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom